package special make.conf files) but is there way to make it done without
reemerging over and over adobe flash plugin with 64-bit support?

Thanks, Mat.
Re: make.conf diferent for one package? [ In reply to ]
Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@gmail.com> writes:
> I wish to ask - is there any way to enable ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" for one package only - ex. in My case adobe-flash? I was trying to set it in new file - /etc/
> make.conf.adobe-flash (I don't remember where I read about package special make.conf files) but is there way to make it done without reemerging over and over adobe flash
> plugin with 64-bit support?

/etc/portage/package.keyword

See portage(5)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}
Re: make.conf diferent for one package? [ In reply to ]
2010/12/9 Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@gmail.com>

> Hi!
>
> I wish to ask - is there any way to enable ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" for one
> package only - ex. in My case adobe-flash? I was trying to set it in new
> file - /etc/make.conf.adobe-flash (I don't remember where I read about
> package special make.conf files) but is there way to make it done without
> reemerging over and over adobe flash plugin with 64-bit support?
>
> Thanks, Mat.

ls -l /etc/portage/package.*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 172 dic 9 19:37 /etc/portage/package.keywords
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 824 dic 9 18:51 /etc/portage/package.use

# cat /etc/portage/package.keywords
app-emulation/virtualbox-ose-additions ~amd64
app-emulation/virtualbox-ose ~amd64
app-emulation/virtualbox-modules ~amd64
net-im/skype ~amd64
www-plugins/moonlight ~amd64

If I understood your question, something like that is what you need.
Greetings

Freddy Taborda
Valencia - Venezuela
Debian GNU/Linux
Gentoo GNU/Linux
Linux user #283478

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for
sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain

"Those that can, do. Those that can’t, complain."
Linus Torvalds
Re: make.conf diferent for one package? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 02:21:04 +0100
Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish to ask - is there any way to enable ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" for one
> package only - ex. in My case adobe-flash?

I think that you can create a directory for the package under /etc/portage/env
and put specific variables in there. I do this with CFLAGS. It should work
for any make.conf variables.

See these links:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org/msg54130.html
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-499881-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-0.html

Frank Peters
Re: make.conf diferent for one package? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 22:10 -0500, Frank Peters wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 02:21:04 +0100
> Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I wish to ask - is there any way to enable ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" for one
> > package only - ex. in My case adobe-flash?
> >

> I think that you can create a directory for the package under /etc/portage/env
> and put specific variables in there. I do this with CFLAGS. It should work
> for any make.conf variables.
>
> See these links:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org/msg54130.html
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-499881-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-0.html
>
> Frank Peters

mkdir /etc/portage/
echo "www-plugins/adobe-flash ~amd64" /etc/portage/package.keywords

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?style=printable&full=1#book_part3_chap3