Hello all,
Transcode seems to compile fine but produces a sandbox error when installing.
sandbox:main signal SIGQUIT already had a handler ...

How do I get round this?

Thanks in advance
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.
Re: media-video/transcode-1.1.5-r1 failure after revdep-rebuild [ In reply to ]
Paul Stear posted on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:55:19 +0100 as excerpted:

> Hello all,
> Transcode seems to compile fine but produces a sandbox error when
> installing. sandbox:main signal SIGQUIT already had a handler ...
>
> How do I get round this?

What version of sandbox and what version of transcode? I don't see a
problem here (on ~amd64, tho, so if you're on stable amd64...). What
FEATURES do you have set in your make.conf (and in emerge --info, to get
the defaults as well)?

In general, you can turn sandbox off by setting FEATURES=-sandbox, but be
aware that there's a reason for the sandbox, and you may be setting
yourself up for other problems with the package and/or security. If you
can, try to keep at least one of userpriv or sandbox on. IOW, you can try
FEATURES=-userpriv as well, and see if that helps (assuming you have both
on by default, which I believe is the portage default), but do try to keep
at least one of the two on, just in case the ebuild is for some reason
trying to do something unpredicted. At least that way it can't
accidentally delete /bin or something equally drastic.

Also try checking bugs.gentoo.org. I'd do so but I don't have time ATM,
and it helps to have version info, etc.