Mailing List Archive

Intel integrated graphics and Xorg
Hello All:
I have been trying for the last two days to install gentoo on a new
laptop. Issues I am having are related to Xorg. I am still unable to
get it to work. When I startx, I get a blank screen and I have to
reboot through an ssh connection to the laptop.

localhost ~ # lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Arrandale DRAM Controller (rev 12)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Arrandale
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)

localhost ~ # dmesg
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
[drm] LVDS-8: set mode 1366x768 12
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i915 0000:00:02.0: DVI-D-1: no EDID data
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i915 0000:00:02.0: DVI-D-1: no EDID data
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i915 0000:00:02.0: DVI-D-1: no EDID data
i2c-adapter i2c-2: unable to read EDID block.
i915 0000:00:02.0: DVI-D-1: no EDID data

localhost ~ # X -config /root/xorg.conf.new
X.Org X Server 1.6.5
Release Date: 2009-10-11
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 x86_64
Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 #8 SMP Tue
Feb 23 05:38:03 AST 2010 x86_64
Build Date: 22 February 2010  07:09:57PM

        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Feb 23 07:26:39 2010
(++) Using config file: "/root/xorg.conf.new"
FATAL: Module fbcon not found.
Setting master
expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet

The framebuffer console is built-in ! Here are the relevant parts of
my kernel .config:

# Graphics support
#
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS=y
CONFIG_VGASTATE=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL=m
CONFIG_FB=y
# CONFIG_FIRMWARE_EDID is not set
# CONFIG_FB_DDC is not set
CONFIG_FB_BOOT_VESA_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=y
CONFIG_FB_SYS_FILLRECT=m
CONFIG_FB_SYS_COPYAREA=m
CONFIG_FB_SYS_IMAGEBLIT=m

CONFIG_FB_SYS_FOPS=m
CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS=y

# Frame buffer hardware drivers
#

CONFIG_FB_ARC=m

CONFIG_FB_IMSTT=y
CONFIG_FB_VGA16=y
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y

CONFIG_FB_INTEL=m
CONFIG_FB_INTEL_DEBUG=y

CONFIG_FB_IMSTT=y
CONFIG_FB_VGA16=y
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
CONFIG_FB_INTEL=m
CONFIG_FB_INTEL_DEBUG=y

CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=m

#
# Display device support
#
# CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT is not set

#
# Console display driver support
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK=y
CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK_SIZE=64
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FB_CON_DECOR=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
CONFIG_LOGO=y
CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_CLUT224=y

In my "/etc/make.conf" I have :

INPUT_DEVICES="evdev synaptics"
VIDEO_CARDS="intel"

Any ideas ? I appreciate any help.
Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
Mansour Al Akeel posted on Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:40:40 -0400 as excerpted:

> localhost ~ # X -config /root/xorg.conf.new X.Org X Server 1.6.5
> Release Date: 2009-10-11
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 x86_64
> Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 #8 SMP
> Tue Feb 23 05:38:03 AST 2010 x86_64
> Build Date: 22 February 2010  07:09:57PM
>
>         Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org to
>         make sure that you have the latest version.
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??)
>         unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Feb 23 07:26:39 2010
> (++) Using config file: "/root/xorg.conf.new" FATAL: Module fbcon not
> found.
> Setting master
> expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
> expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
[snip]

> The framebuffer console is built-in !
> Here are the relevant parts of my kernel .config:

> # Graphics support
> CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
> CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y

Both AMD64 and Intel AGP? You should be able to turn off the AMD64, since
it's an Intel machine. That'll save you a bit of kernel memory especially
since it's built-in.

> CONFIG_DRM=y
> CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
> CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS=y

OK, that enables KMS (kernel modesetting) by default. That's what I'm
running too. But I'm running a much newer xorg-server-1.7.5, with
xf86-video-intel-2.9.1. (I'm running ~arch, ~x86 on my netbook, ~amd64 on
my main machine.)

BTW, looks like you're running a 2.6.31 kernel. I'm still running 2.6.32
on my Intel Atom netbook (ICH7 chipset, 945 graphics) here so you're a
kernel version behind me. FWIW, 2.6.33 gits on my main (AMD) machine.

> CONFIG_VGASTATE=y
> CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL=m
> CONFIG_FB=y

Good, for KMS, you need framebuffer support enabled...

> # Frame buffer hardware drivers

> CONFIG_FB_ARC=m

[etc]

You might as well turn all these off, unless you want to keep
CONFIG_FB_INTEL as module, if you decide for some reason to use the no-KMS
boot option. KMS doesn't use the framebuffer hardware drivers as it has
its own, built-in.

BTW, I see CONFIG_FB_INTEL (along with the debug) listed twice in your
posting. That was as edited for posting, it's not that way in your actual
config file, right?

> # Console display driver support
> #
> CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y

Technically, with framebuffer (including KMS), you don't really need
vgacon any more. However, it's a useful fallback to keep enabled in case
the framebuffer quits working for some reason. On systems with
non-integrated video, it's especially recommended, so if you change
graphics cards you at least get a vga console to work with, to reconfigure
the kernel for the new card. Of course, that's not likely to happen on a
laptop or netbook with integrated video, so you may indeed wish to disable
this. Your choice. FWIW, I kept it enabled here on my netbook, for the
time being, but I may decide to disable it at some point as there's really
no reason to keep it if I'm always running KMS and can't change the
graphics.

> CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y

Good. Needed with KMS.

FWIW, I've run AMD with Radeons (freedomware drivers) on my main machine
for years, and only have the relatively recent experience with my netbook
Intel, so am much less familiar with them.

However, I do follow kernel and xorg development, and have been paying
more attention to the Intel graphics stuff there recently. I'm also
running KMS on my Radeon on my main machine, where it's relatively recent,
so know a bit more about KMS in general than I would have a few months
ago, before the mainline kernel got Radeon KMS support.

Based on that... while I haven't followed the rather drastic twists and
turns on the Intel graphics driver in a /lot/ of detail, I do know that
there has been quite the upset there as KMS was introduced, etc. I
suspect your xorg userspace and kernel may be out of sync for your
specific hardware and KMS. I'd suggest trying a 2.6.32 kernel and ~arch
xorg-server, mesa and xf86-video-intel, probably along with the various
other xorg components, some of which will be necessary for ~arch
xorg-server.

Also, on my netbook with xorg-server-1.7.5, I'm actually running with no
xorg.conf file at all. While xorg-server-1.6.5 should I think support
that as well, the support there is likely to be less advanced and may give
you a bit of trouble. But I'd certainly try running without an xorg.conf
at all, just to see if, and how well it works, regardless of whether you
choose to upgrade to the newer xorg-server or not.

(FWIW, while I don't have an xorg.conf for my netbook, I need one on the
main machine in ordered to get the dual monitors to show up in my
preferred config -- stacked. Well, I do unless I want to run an X/KDE
startup script to issue the appropriate xrandr commands to set it up each
time I startx... So I have one there, tho it has significantly less
sections in it than it used to, as more and more of what used to be there
is handled automatically. So there are still reasons you might want or
need an xorg.conf around, but for the simple case of a single display and
hotplugged evdev input, going xorg.conf-less could well work better than
trying to do an xorg.conf, and getting it wrong.)

Alternatively, if you prefer not to try the whole ~arch xorg thing, you
may well have better luck with the traditional non-kms userspace mode-
setting setup. In that case, turn off kms, either in your kernel config
or via kernel command line (in grub.conf), as kms (kernel mode setting)
and userspace/xorg mode setting simply don't work together. If you try
that, you're better off to run with the traditional vgacon, no text mode
framebuffer, until you get it running at least. But personally, since KMS
is where things are headed, I'd try to get it working, upgrading to ~arch
xorg and the newest upstream release kernel, if necessary, in ordered to
do so, as that'll save you having to reconfigure for KMS whenever you
would otherwise upgrade to it anyway.

One more thing: I'm not familiar with Arrandale (wikipedia says it's very
new, January, 2010), but if it has anything to do with Intel's Poulsbo
chipset, you DEFINITELY want the latest kernel, probably the latest 2.6.33-
rcs or wait and do 2.6.33 release (I don't think it's out yet, but it
should be out relatively shortly), and the latest xorg, as support for it
is very new and still changing, but it's there. You may even wish to run
the gentoo/xorg overlay and the live git version of at least the xorg
video driver. AFAIK poulsbo doesn't have 3D support, only unaccelerated
2D framebuffer, too. The other alternative for poulsbo is to run a plain
VESA framebuffer driver, the only working solution on older kernels/xorg,
until the new poulsbo support, such as it is, was added. Wikipedia says
the latest poulsbo support also needs a non-free firmware as well.
Honestly, if it's poulsbo, I'd consider taking it back and getting
something with proper freedomware driver support. But wikipedia does say
arrandale integrates i7, which at least was the 945 graphics which is well
supported by the kernel and xorg, tho with the above caveats about the
switch to kms, so you may want newer versions than what you're running.

The other alternative is to find someone else with an Arrandale machine to
compare notes with, but as new as it is, there's probably not too many
such folks around yet.

Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
Duncan,
thank you for helping, but I got a bit lost. ;)
please read my comments.

>> The framebuffer console is built-in !
>> Here are the relevant parts of my kernel .config:
>
>> # Graphics support
>> CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
>> CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
>
> Both AMD64 and Intel AGP?  You should be able to turn off the AMD64, since
> it's an Intel machine.  That'll save you a bit of kernel memory especially
> since it's built-in.

It's ok now. I will tune my kernel later, when I get it to work.

>> CONFIG_DRM=y
>> CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
>> CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS=y
>
> OK, that enables KMS (kernel modesetting) by default.  That's what I'm
> running too.  But I'm running a much newer xorg-server-1.7.5, with
> xf86-video-intel-2.9.1.  (I'm running ~arch, ~x86 on my netbook, ~amd64 on
> my main machine.)

How do I get this version of Xorg-server on my gentoo ? Over lays ?
sorry, but haven't done this before.

> BTW, looks like you're running a 2.6.31 kernel.  I'm still running  2.6.32
> on my Intel Atom netbook (ICH7  chipset, 945 graphics) here so you're a
> kernel version behind me.  FWIW, 2.6.33 gits on my main (AMD) machine.

I just downloaded the latest 2.6.33-rc8 from kernel.org, I know this
is not supported by the community, but I have to try this one.
I just copied the old .config and "make menuconfig" then install all.

>> CONFIG_VGASTATE=y
>> CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL=m
>> CONFIG_FB=y
>
> Good, for KMS, you need framebuffer support enabled...
>
>> # Frame buffer hardware drivers
>
>> CONFIG_FB_ARC=m
>
> [etc]
>
> You might as well turn all these off, unless you want to keep
> CONFIG_FB_INTEL as module, if you decide for some reason to use the no-KMS
> boot option.  KMS doesn't use the framebuffer hardware drivers as it has
> its own, built-in.

I don't want to get lost here. I will clean things at the end.
If it's not a reason in the issue then I would rather keep it for now,
until I get things working.

> BTW, I see CONFIG_FB_INTEL (along with the debug) listed twice in your
> posting.  That was as edited for posting, it's not that way in your actual
> config file, right?

Yes you are right. I edited the config for the post. I don't think the
full .config file is interesting ;)

> [...]

> hotplugged evdev input, going xorg.conf-less could well work better than
> trying to do an xorg.conf, and getting it wrong.)
>
> Alternatively, if you prefer not to try the whole ~arch xorg thing, you
> may well have better luck with the traditional non-kms userspace mode-
> setting setup.  In that case, turn off kms, either in your kernel config
> or via kernel command line (in grub.conf), as kms (kernel mode setting)
> and userspace/xorg mode setting simply don't work together.  If you try
> that, you're better off to run with the traditional vgacon, no text mode
> framebuffer, until you get it running at least.  But personally, since KMS
> is where things are headed, I'd try to get it working,
> xorg and the newest upstream release kernel, if necessary, in ordered to
> do so, as that'll save you having to reconfigure for KMS whenever you

OK, how do I start with the ~arch xorg thing ? What do I google for ?
Recommendations ?

In the mean while, I will try with 2.6.33-rc8 kernel, I will let you
know what is new.

> One more thing:  I'm not familiar with Arrandale (wikipedia says it's very
> new, January, 2010), but if it has anything to do with Intel's Poulsbo
> chipset, you DEFINITELY want the latest kernel, probably the latest 2.6.33-
> rcs or wait and do 2.6.33 release (I don't think it's out yet, but it
> should be out relatively shortly), and the latest xorg, as support for it
> is very new and still changing, but it's there.  You may even wish to run
> the gentoo/xorg overlay and the live git version of at least the xorg
> video driver.  AFAIK poulsbo doesn't have 3D support, only unaccelerated
> 2D framebuffer, too.  The other alternative for poulsbo is to run a plain
> VESA framebuffer driver, the only working solution on older kernels/xorg,
> until the new poulsbo support, such as it is, was added.  Wikipedia says
> the latest poulsbo support also needs a non-free firmware as well.
> Honestly, if it's poulsbo, I'd consider taking it back and getting
> something with proper freedomware driver support.  But wikipedia does say
> arrandale integrates i7, which at least was the 945 graphics which is well
> supported by the kernel and xorg, tho with the above caveats about the
> switch to kms, so you may want newer versions than what you're running.
>
> The other alternative is to find someone else with an Arrandale machine to
> compare notes with, but as new as it is, there's probably not too many
> such folks around yet.
>
> --
> Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
> "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
> and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

Thank you.
Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Mansour Al Akeel
<mansour.alakeel@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> X.Org X Server 1.6.5
> Release Date: 2009-10-11
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 x86_64
> Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.33-rc8 #4 SMP Wed Feb 24 04:24:06 AST 2010 x86_64
> Build Date: 22 February 2010  07:09:57PM
>
>        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>        to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Feb 24 06:02:16 2010
> (==) Using default built-in configuration (39 lines)
> (EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs        for all framebuffer devices

<SNIP>

> The fb started automatically, as I was not passing any parameters to the
> kernel. Normally I pass vga=791. Beside this issue, the IO is very slow.
> Opening, saving or scrolling thought a file suspends for some time (ex,
> tab completion in the console). I don't think this is related.
>
> Since the problem still persist, I think I am left with one option which
> is using ~arch. But where's the documentation for this ?

This is a new Intel-based system, correct?

It is my understand that framebuffer stuff isn't well supported (if at
all) on this architecture and that we shouldn't be using it at this
time. Also, you want to be using the i915 driver but (I think) you are
not using an xorg.conf file and the version of xorg-server/drivers you
(and I) are using doesn't support this hardware through hald
automatically finding it so it tries to go with the i810 which is
wrong. (Or was in my case)

I had all these problems when I brought my new machine up a month ago.
I had sent you my .config file earlier off list. I'm attaching my
xorg.conf file which does dual head. Modify as you see fit.

Cheers,
Mark
Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I have installed kernel 2.6.33-rc8, and here's the relevant part of my
.config:

# Input device support
#
CONFIG_INPUT=y
# CONFIG_INPUT_FF_MEMLESS is not set
CONFIG_INPUT_POLLDEV=m
#
# Userland interfaces
#
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
# CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV is not set
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
# CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG is not set

#
# Input Device Drivers
#
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ADP5588 is not set
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y

CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_ALPS=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_LOGIPS2PP=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_LIFEBOOK=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_TRACKPOINT=y
# CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_ELANTECH is not set
# CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SENTELIC is not set
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_TOUCHKIT=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_SERIAL=m
CONFIG_MOUSE_APPLETOUCH=m
CONFIG_MOUSE_BCM5974=m
# CONFIG_MOUSE_VSXXXAA is not set
# CONFIG_MOUSE_SYNAPTICS_I2C is not set

#
# I2C Hardware Bus support
#

#
# PC SMBus host controller drivers
#
CONFIG_I2C_I801=m
CONFIG_I2C_ISCH=m

#
# Graphics support
#
CONFIG_AGP=y
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD64 is not set
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_VGA_ARB=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_KMS_HELPER=m

CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS=y

CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL=m
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_EDID=y
CONFIG_FB_DDC=m
CONFIG_FB_BOOT_VESA_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=y
# CONFIG_FB_CFB_REV_PIXELS_IN_BYTE is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_FILLRECT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_COPYAREA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_IMAGEBLIT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_FOREIGN_ENDIAN is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_FOPS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SVGALIB is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MACMODES is not set
# CONFIG_FB_BACKLIGHT is not set
CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS=y
# CONFIG_FB_TILEBLITTING is not set

#
# Frame buffer hardware drivers
#

CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
CONFIG_FB_INTEL=m
CONFIG_FB_INTEL_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_FB_INTEL_I2C=y

CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=m

#
# Display device support
#
# CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT is not set

#
# Console display driver support
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK=y
CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK_SIZE=64
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DETECT_PRIMARY is not set
# CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_ROTATION is not set
# CONFIG_FONTS is not set
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
CONFIG_LOGO=y
# CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_MONO is not set
# CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_VGA16 is not set
CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_CLUT224=y

#
# Firmware Drivers
#
# CONFIG_EDD is not set
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_MEMMAP=y
CONFIG_DELL_RBU=m
CONFIG_DCDBAS=m
CONFIG_DMIID=y

I am running x without xorg.conf. When I do startx here's the output:

xauth: creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.4020

X.Org X Server 1.6.5
Release Date: 2009-10-11
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 x86_64
Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.33-rc8 #4 SMP Wed Feb 24 04:24:06 AST 2010 x86_64
Build Date: 22 February 2010 07:09:57PM

Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Feb 24 06:02:16 2010
(==) Using default built-in configuration (39 lines)
(EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)

Fatal server error:
Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all framebuffer devices

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

giving up.
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): unexpected signal 2.

And my Xorg log:

(==) AIGLX enabled
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) LoadModule: "record"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions//librecord.so
(II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org Server Extension
ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 2.0
(II) Loading extension RECORD
(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 2.0
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
(II) LoadModule: "dri2"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri2.so
(II) Module dri2: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 2.0
(II) Loading extension DRI2
(II) LoadModule: "intel"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//intel_drv.so
(II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org Video Driver
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(II) LoadModule: "i810"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module i810
(II) UnloadModule: "i810"
(EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "vesa"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//vesa_drv.so
(II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org Video Driver
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//fbdev_drv.so
(II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(II) intel: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets: i810,
i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 852GM/855GM, 865G, 915G,
E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM, Pineview G,
965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33, GM45,
4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43, Clarkdale, Arrandale
(II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
(II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00@00:02:0
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
(II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
(II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/linux//libfbdevhw.so
(II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(II) FBDEV(1): using default device

Fatal server error:
Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all framebuffer devices

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

The last 50 lines of dmesg:

hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 3 ports detected
tg3.c:v3.106 (January 12, 2010)
tg3 0000:02:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
tg3 0000:02:00.0: setting latency timer to 64
tg3 mdio bus: probed
eth0: Tigon3 [partno(BCM57780) rev 57780001] (PCI Express) MAC address 00:26:2d:76:07:ca
eth0: attached PHY driver [Broadcom BCM57780] (mii_bus:phy_addr=200:01)
eth0: RXcsums[1] LinkChgREG[0] MIirq[0] ASF[0] TSOcap[1]
eth0: dma_rwctrl[76180000] dma_mask[64-bit]
i915 0000:00:02.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
i915 0000:00:02.0: setting latency timer to 64
[drm] set up 127M of stolen space
ath9k 0000:04:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
ath9k 0000:04:00.0: setting latency timer to 64
usb 2-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
hub 2-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-1:1.0: 8 ports detected
ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x65
ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a direct regpair map
ath: Country alpha2 being used: 00
ath: Regpair used: 0x65
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'ath9k_rate_control'
Registered led device: ath9k-phy0::radio
Registered led device: ath9k-phy0::assoc
Registered led device: ath9k-phy0::tx
Registered led device: ath9k-phy0::rx
phy0: Atheros AR9280 Rev:2 mem=0xffffc900100a0000, irq=17
hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 6 ports detected
usb 2-1.5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
fb0: inteldrmfb frame buffer device
registered panic notifier
acpi device:06: registered as cooling_device4
input: Video Bus as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:01/input/input5
ACPI: Video Device [GFX0] (multi-head: yes rom: no post: no)
[drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730 for 0000:00:02.0 on minor 0
HDA Intel 0000:00:1b.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22
HDA Intel 0000:00:1b.0: setting latency timer to 64
hda_codec: ALC272: BIOS auto-probing.
EXT4-fs (sda6): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode
EXT4-fs (sda7): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode
tg3: eth0: Link is down.
tg3: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex.
tg3: eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX.

Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
Mark,
thank you. Yes, this is new intel based system. Here's the link I got
from gateway:
http://support.gateway.com/s/notebook/2009/gateway/nv/nv59/NV59sp2.shtml

I tried to recompile kernel without framebuffer, like you suggested.

# Graphics support
#
CONFIG_AGP=y
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD64 is not set
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
# CONFIG_AGP_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_VIA is not set
CONFIG_VGA_ARB=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_KMS_HELPER=m
# CONFIG_DRM_TDFX is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_R128 is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_RADEON is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_I810 is not set
CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS=y
# CONFIG_DRM_MGA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_VIA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_SAVAGE is not set
# CONFIG_VGASTATE is not set
CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL=m
CONFIG_FB=m
# CONFIG_FIRMWARE_EDID is not set
# CONFIG_FB_DDC is not set
# CONFIG_FB_BOOT_VESA_SUPPORT is not set
CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=m
CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=m
CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=m
# CONFIG_FB_CFB_REV_PIXELS_IN_BYTE is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_FILLRECT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_COPYAREA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_IMAGEBLIT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_FOREIGN_ENDIAN is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_FOPS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SVGALIB is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MACMODES is not set
# CONFIG_FB_BACKLIGHT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_TILEBLITTING is not set

#
# Frame buffer hardware drivers
#
# CONFIG_FB_CIRRUS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_PM2 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_CYBER2000 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ARC is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VGA16 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_N411 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_HGA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_S1D13XXX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_RIVA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_LE80578 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_INTEL is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MATROX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ATY128 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ATY is not set
# CONFIG_FB_S3 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SAVAGE is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VIA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_NEOMAGIC is not set
# CONFIG_FB_KYRO is not set
# CONFIG_FB_3DFX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VOODOO1 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VT8623 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_TRIDENT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ARK is not set
# CONFIG_FB_PM3 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_CARMINE is not set
# CONFIG_FB_GEODE is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL is not set
# CONFIG_FB_METRONOME is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MB862XX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_BROADSHEET is not set
# CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT is not set
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=m
# CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PROGEAR is not set
# CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_MBP_NVIDIA is not set
# CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_SAHARA is not set

#
# Display device support
#
# CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT is not set

#
# Console display driver support
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK=y
CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK_SIZE=1024
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE is not set
CONFIG_LOGO=y
# CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_MONO is not set
# CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_VGA16 is not set
CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_CLUT224=y

When I boot, I get a blank screen, and can not control anything. From
sshd, when I do startx:

localhost linux # startx
xauth: creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.3638

X.Org X Server 1.6.5
Release Date: 2009-10-11
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 x86_64
Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.33-rc8 #5 SMP Wed Feb 24
08:24:27 AST 2010 x86_64
Build Date: 22 February 2010 07:09:57PM

Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Feb 24 09:42:51 2010
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
FATAL: Module fbcon not found.
Setting master
expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 58: twm: command not found
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 59: xclock: command not found
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 62: exec: xterm: not found
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 60: xterm: command not found

waiting for X server to shut down Dropping master

localhost linux #

Where to move from here ?
Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
OK, I tried it, and passed the modeset parameters. But no luck. I used
the xorg.config, and the .config for kernel. I think there's something
different in our systems.
I have seen that intel released driver for this,
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2009Q4.html
I unmasked the latest and installed xf86-video-intel 2.10.0 and
libdrm-2.4.17, but not yet xserver 1.7.3 like the page recommended. I
wasn't able to unmask it.

I just added x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.10.0 to /etc/portage/package.unmask
and
x11-libs/libdrm to /etc/portage/package.keywords , but this didn't
work with xorg-server.
Any advice about unmasking all of them with a better way ?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Mansour Al Akeel

Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Mansour Al Akeel
<mansour.alakeel@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

>> X.Org X Server 1.6.5
>> Release Date: 2009-10-11
>> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
>> Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 x86_64
>> Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.33-rc8 #5 SMP Wed Feb 24
>> 08:24:27 AST 2010 x86_64
>> Build Date: 22 February 2010  07:09:57PM
>>
>>        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>>        to make sure that you have the latest version.
>> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>>        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>>        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
>> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Feb 24 09:42:51 2010
>> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
>> FATAL: Module fbcon not found.
<SNIP>

In my case I don't remember seeing that message but I do have fbdev in
make.conf. See below.

In my case I didn't have to unmask anything radical. I just had to get
things basically set right.

I have no doubt your laptop and my desktop have very different
hardware. They wouldn't dare make it easy for us, would they? ;-)

Hardware:

firefly ~ # lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Clarkdake DRAM Controller (rev 12)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Clarkdale
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak HECI
Controller (rev 06)
00:16.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PT IDER Controller (rev 06)
00:16.3 Serial controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak KT Controller (rev 06)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82578DC Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 06)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host
Controller (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio (rev 06)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 06)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev 06)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host
Controller (rev 06)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev a6)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak LPC Interface
Controller (rev 06)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak 6 port SATA AHCI
Controller (rev 06)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak SMBus Controller (rev 06)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet
Pro 100 (rev 05)
03:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB82AA2 IEEE-1394b
Link Layer Controller (rev 01)
03:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall
DSP (rev 68)
firefly ~ #

Package setups:

mark@firefly ~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.keywords
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources ~amd64
sys-apps/portage ~amd64
sys-apps/sandbox ~amd64
app-cdr/cdrtools ~amd64
x11-misc/read-edid ~amd64
sys-kernel/rt-sources ~amd64
media-sound/alsa-tools ~amd64
games-action/extreme-tuxracer ~amd64
media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit ~amd64
media-tv/huludesktop ~amd64
sys-block/fio ~amd64
sys-apps/hdparm ~amd64
dev-lang/R ~amd64
mark@firefly ~ $

mark@firefly ~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.use
sys-apps/hal -crypt
dev-lang/python sqlite
app-portage/layman git subversion
x11-libs/qt mysql
media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit -dbus alsa netjack sse
sys-block/gparted -debug -dmraid fat -gnome -hfs -jfs -kde ntfs
-reiser4 -reiserfs xfce
mark@firefly ~ $

mark@firefly ~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.unmask
<sys-apps/portage-3
mark@firefly ~ $

firefly ~ # cat /etc/make.conf
# Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a more
# detailed example.
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
#Safe CFlags for the Core-i7, saved for reference
#CFLAGS="-march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
# WARNING: Changing your CHOST is not something that should be done lightly.
# Please consult http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml before changing.
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
# These are the USE flags that were used in addition to what is provided by the
# profile used for building.
FEATURES="buildpkg parallel-fetch userfetch"
#USE="hal"
USE="aac alsa cairo caps cdda cddb cdparanoia cdr dts dvd dvdr ffmpeg
flac fltk ftp gnome hal ieee1394 jack kde lame java jpeg ladspa lame
lash libsamplerate mmx mp3 mp4 mpeg musepack nsplugin ogg
semantic-desktop sse sse2 ssse3 sse4 tifftruetype vorbis xine xv xvid
vmware -bluetooth -esound -timidity"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ "
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"
#INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
INPUT_DEVICES="evdev virtualbox"
VIDEO_CARDS="intel fbdev virtualbox vmware"
#VIDEO_CARDS="intel vesa fbdev"
ALSA_CARDS="hdsp usb"
LINGUAS="en"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="dlj-1.1 PUEL"
source /usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf

firefly ~ #

I suggest you can probably drop virtualbox if you're not using it. I
don't know what that does, but I've got it, and then

In terms of rebuilding things the 3 basic suspects plus mesa:

emerge xorg-server xorg-drivers xf86-video-intel mesa

mark@firefly ~ $ eix -Ic xorg
[I] x11-base/xorg-drivers (1.6@02/09/10): Meta package containing deps
on all xorg drivers
[I] x11-base/xorg-server (1.6.5-r1@02/09/10): X.Org X servers
[I] x11-misc/xorg-cf-files (1.0.3@01/28/10): Old Imake-related build files
Found 3 matches.
mark@firefly ~ $

mark@firefly ~ $ eix -Ic intel
[I] x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel (2.9.1@02/09/10): X.Org driver for Intel cards
mark@firefly ~ $

firefly ~ # eix -Ic mesa
[I] media-libs/mesa (7.5.2@02/02/10): OpenGL-like graphic library for Linux
[I] x11-apps/mesa-progs (7.5.1@01/26/10): Mesa's OpenGL utility and
demo programs (glxgears and glxinfo)
Found 2 matches.
firefly ~ #

firefly ~ # lsmod
Module Size Used by
vmnet 27700 13
vmblock 9715 1
vmci 42768 0
vmmon 58949 0
ipv6 213985 26
snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi 10367 1
snd_hda_codec_realtek 232768 1
usbhid 21465 0
snd_hda_intel 17272 1
snd_hdsp 39312 1
snd_hda_codec 43947 3
snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd_rawmidi 13562 1 snd_hdsp
i915 206398 2
drm_kms_helper 18363 1 i915
snd_pcm 57784 3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hdsp,snd_hda_codec
drm 131731 3 i915,drm_kms_helper
snd_timer 14950 1 snd_pcm
i2c_algo_bit 4223 1 i915
snd_hwdep 4684 1 snd_hdsp
snd 37124 13
snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hdsp,snd_hda_codec,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_hwdep
cfbcopyarea 3110 1 i915
ehci_hcd 30502 0
cfbimgblt 1793 1 i915
e100 25422 0
soundcore 800 1 snd
intel_agp 24181 1
usbcore 111683 3 usbhid,ehci_hcd
agpgart 24293 2 drm,intel_agp
video 17309 1 i915
processor 23223 4
e1000e 108826 0
rtc_cmos 7592 0
rtc_core 11077 1 rtc_cmos
backlight 3292 1 video
cfbfillrect 3042 1 i915
output 1540 1 video
sg 22869 0
rtc_lib 1617 1 rtc_core
firmware_class 5698 2 snd_hdsp,e100
thermal 11522 0
firewire_ohci 20022 0
firewire_core 35205 1 firewire_ohci
snd_page_alloc 5777 3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hdsp,snd_pcm
firefly ~ #
Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 02:13 -0400, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> [...]
> Build Date: 22 February 2010 07:09:57PM
>
> Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
> to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
> (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
> (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Feb 24 09:42:51 2010
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> FATAL: Module fbcon not found.
> Setting master
> expected keysym, got XF86TouchpadToggle: line 122 of inet
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 58: twm: command not found
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 59: xclock: command not found
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 62: exec: xterm: not found
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: line 60: xterm: command not found
>
> waiting for X server to shut down Dropping master

It looks like you have a running xserver.
Recent "improvements" in xorgserver have removed xdm and twm and the old
stipple screen as well as ctrl-alt-backspace as a way out of X.
There is an xdm script which provides some functionality.
If you have emerged a display manager-window manager-desktop manager and
you have xdm in a run level:
in /etc/conf.d/xdm set DISPLAYMANAGER="<your display manager>"
or take xdm out and put your display manager in a run level.
see also /etc/rc.conf http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml ,
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.5-upgrade-guide.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.6-upgrade-guide.xml
Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]
Hello all,
It's working. I think I was missing the fbcon in /etc/make.conf
Any how, I am working to customize it, and yes i noticed they removed
the old "ctrl-alt-backspase", and I have been looking for a nice way
to acheive the same. Alt-Sysreq-K just kills X. My login manager is
SLim and DisplayManger is xmonad.

The link you gave me is very usefull, and was what I am looking for.

I added this <merge key="input.xkb.options"
type="string">terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge>, but still not luck.

I will continue looking.
Thank you all.

Re: Re: Intel integrated graphics and Xorg [ In reply to ]

Attachment worked for me: