tabs. I want the page to be skinned/branded as all the other pages.

Any Ideas on how to do this?

regards Bryce

| SIGNATURE DATA
| linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brycealcock
| Website: http://brycealcock.com
| Blog: http://quantprinciple.blogspot.com
| twitter: qboiler
Re: Direct Only Navigation To Forrest Site Page [ In reply to ]
Hello Bryce,

Am 02.10.10 18:41, schrieb Bryce Alcock:
> I am looking for a way to create page in forrest that
> is NOT on any of the menus.
>
> The basic requirements is that I want to create a page that you can
> get to _ONLY_ from direct navigation.
> There will be no links to it in any of the menus or navigation bars.
>
> However I want the page to contain all the existing site menus an
> tabs. I want the page to be skinned/branded as all the other pages.
I wrote a skin to do that some time ago. It will allow you to set an
attribute in the pages reference in site.xml that makes the page
show-only-when-selected.

That way the page will only show on the menu when it is open (which
makes sense because by highlighting a menu-item Forrest indicates the
context of the current page).

Whenever a different page is open there is no item for this page showing
on any menu.

The skin is called "scales" because it allows you to build large sites
without getting huge page overheads.
It's included in head. The example site has an example for the hiding
but you need to load scales for it to work.

hth,
Ferdinand
Re: Direct Only Navigation To Forrest Site Page [ In reply to ]
Bryce Alcock wrote:
> I am looking for a way to create page in forrest that
> is NOT on any of the menus.
>
> The basic requirements is that I want to create a page that you can
> get to _ONLY_ from direct navigation.
> There will be no links to it in any of the menus or navigation bars.
>
> However I want the page to contain all the existing site menus an
> tabs. I want the page to be skinned/branded as all the other pages.
>
> Any Ideas on how to do this?

I use an entry in "site.xml" that has no "label"
attribute.

There are also ways to use the Cocoon
"cli.xconf" to add extra URIs for processing.

IIRC there is something in docs or archives
about those techniques.

-David
Re: Direct Only Navigation To Forrest Site Page [ In reply to ]
This seems to work if the lable attribute exists, but is empty.
For example on the site I am working on:

<!-- A Trick to Add a Page without adding the link -->
<winners label="" href="winners/">
<index label="" href="index.html" description="winners"/>
</winners>

Thanks for the ideas.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:51 AM, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> Bryce Alcock wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to create page in forrest that
>> is NOT on any of the menus.
>>
>> The basic requirements is that I want to create a page that you can
>> get to _ONLY_ from direct navigation.
>> There will be no links to it in any of the menus or navigation bars.
>>
>> However I want the page to contain all the existing site menus an
>> tabs.  I want the page to be skinned/branded as all the other pages.
>>
>> Any Ideas on how to do this?
>
> I use an entry in "site.xml" that has no "label"
> attribute.
>
> There are also ways to use the Cocoon
> "cli.xconf" to add extra URIs for processing.
>
> IIRC there is something in docs or archives
> about those techniques.
>
> -David