Mob: +47 41 08 03 64

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Re: Dispatcher: cannot see changes done in xml-files [ In reply to ]
On 07/08/2012 10:44 PM, Gaup Børre wrote:
> Hi!

Hello,

> I have enabled dispatcher for a site I use.
>
> When I run a live instance of forrest and do changes in xml files, I don't see
> the changes in my web browser when I refresh the page.
>
> To see the changes I have to restart forrest and then refresh the page. This
> is not the case if I don't use the dispatcher.
>
> Is there a solution to this problem?

This sounds a little familiar to something I've seen. What are you using
to serve the site, the embedded Jetty or an application server? Have you
configured the Cocoon cache or left the defaults in place?

Brian
Re: Dispatcher: cannot see changes done in xml-files [ In reply to ]
Brian M Dube wrote:
> Gaup Børre wrote:
> >
> > I have enabled dispatcher for a site I use.
> >
> > When I run a live instance of forrest and do changes in xml files, I don't see
> > the changes in my web browser when I refresh the page.
> >
> > To see the changes I have to restart forrest and then refresh the page. This
> > is not the case if I don't use the dispatcher.
> >
> > Is there a solution to this problem?
>
> This sounds a little familiar to something I've seen. What are you using
> to serve the site, the embedded Jetty or an application server? Have you
> configured the Cocoon cache or left the defaults in place?

I can see the behaviour that Børre describes.
Using current head of svn trunk 0.10-dev with its sample site.
Doing a fresh 'forrest seed-sample' and then configuring its
forrest.properties to use Dispatcher. Then 'forrest run' so using
the embedded Jetty.

I found one old related discussion:
Subject: Dispatcher caches too eagerly
Date: 2010-05-22
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/27855
I did not look further around that date or in JIRA.

This sounds like something for the "dev" mailing list.

-David
Re: Dispatcher: cannot see changes done in xml-files [ In reply to ]
Bearjadat, suoidnemánu 13. b. 2012 11.27.19 David Crossley čálii:
> Brian M Dube wrote:
> > Gaup Børre wrote:
> > > I have enabled dispatcher for a site I use.
> > >
> > > When I run a live instance of forrest and do changes in xml files, I
> > > don't see the changes in my web browser when I refresh the page.
> > >
> > > To see the changes I have to restart forrest and then refresh the page.
> > > This is not the case if I don't use the dispatcher.
> > >
> > > Is there a solution to this problem?
> >
> > This sounds a little familiar to something I've seen. What are you using
> > to serve the site, the embedded Jetty or an application server? Have you
> > configured the Cocoon cache or left the defaults in place?
>
> I can see the behaviour that Børre describes.
> Using current head of svn trunk 0.10-dev with its sample site.
> Doing a fresh 'forrest seed-sample' and then configuring its
> forrest.properties to use Dispatcher. Then 'forrest run' so using
> the embedded Jetty.
>
> I found one old related discussion:
> Subject: Dispatcher caches too eagerly
> Date: 2010-05-22
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/27855
> I did not look further around that date or in JIRA.
>
> This sounds like something for the "dev" mailing list.

Thank you for the answers.

I made an issue on JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1234
Hopefully I pointed it to the correct component.

--
Børre Gaup
http://divvun.no/