Mailing List Archive

Broken links in pdf-tab.html
Hi all,

I've problems generating a working pdf-tab.html and consequently the pdf-tab.pdf doesn't work either. After playing around with some configuration details the generation of the pdf-tab starts. All links in the generated menu are working, but all other links are broken. Most of them are definied as indirect link in the site.xml.

I'm using forrest 0.9-dev and I followed the howto http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-pdf-tab.html to activate the pdf-tab for one of my tabs. The broken links are working within my site without problems. The generation of a static version works fine too, except of the pdf-tab.

Any ideas?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Lehmkühler

RWE IT GmbH
Application Centre Downstream Solutions
Customer Application Management (CHI-ADA)
Huyssenallee 16-18, 45128 Essen

T intern 70-21639
T extern +49 201 12-21639
F +49 201 12-24796

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Chittur Ramakrishnan, Dr. Berend Holst,
Dr. Jens Hueffer, Georg K. Lambertz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dortmund
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Dortmund
Handelsregister-Nr. HR B 21222
USt.-IdNr. DE 2588 96 719
Re: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
Hi Andreas,

f.y.i.:
I opened a report for the same bug a while ago
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1056>
but without any reponse by now.

Regards,
Michael
Re: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
Michael Parker wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> f.y.i.:
> I opened a report for the same bug a while ago
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1056>
> but without any reponse by now.

Andreas, can you confirm your bug is the same as that reported in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-211 which is a duplicate of
the bug identified above.

Either way, I suspect this is a "scratch your own itch" problem. The
bugs have been on file for a long time and have been marked as "minor"
by the existing project team. The only way these are likely to be fixed
is to fix them yourselves.

Of course, we'll help out where we can but we need complete debugging
info and perhaps a sample site that reproduces the problem so we can
test it.

A good start for your debugging info is to turn on logging for the
linkrewriter and send the relevant parts of the logs to this thread.

Ross
Re: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
On Mittwoch 30 Juli 2008, Ross Gardler wrote:

> A good start for your debugging info is to turn on logging for the
> linkrewriter and send the relevant parts of the logs to this thread.
>
> Ross
Hi Ross,

can you give me a short description how to turn that kind of debugging on and
were to find the log results ?

Michael
Re: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/faq.html#logs
Re: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Michael Parker wrote:
> >Hi Andreas,
> >
> >f.y.i.:
> >I opened a report for the same bug a while ago
> ><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1056>
> >but without any reponse by now.
>
> Andreas, can you confirm your bug is the same as that reported in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-211 which is a duplicate of
> the bug identified above.
>
> Either way, I suspect this is a "scratch your own itch" problem. The
> bugs have been on file for a long time and have been marked as "minor"
> by the existing project team. The only way these are likely to be fixed
> is to fix them yourselves.

That is always how it is. For example, i haven't tried
because i never use the "wholesite" ability.

However, it points to an underlying problem with our
"linkrewriting" so it would be good to address it.

> Of course, we'll help out where we can but we need complete debugging
> info and perhaps a sample site that reproduces the problem so we can
> test it.

Probably one of our existing seed sites will demonstrate
this. By default we have the "wholesite.*" commented-out
in site.xml file.

> A good start for your debugging info is to turn on logging for the
> linkrewriter and send the relevant parts of the logs to this thread.

It would be great if Andreas and Michael can help
to track this down. On the "dev" list please.

-David
AW: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
Michael Parker wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > f.y.i.:
> > I opened a report for the same bug a while ago
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1056>
> > but without any reponse by now.

> Andreas, can you confirm your bug is the same as that reported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-211 which is a duplicate of
> the bug identified above.
It's the same bug. I'll try to get some debug informations david asked for and I'll post them on the dev list.

Andreas

Re: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
Andreas.Lehmkuehler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Michael Parker wrote:
> > >
> > > f.y.i.:
> > > I opened a report for the same bug a while ago
> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1056>
> > > but without any reponse by now.
>
> > Andreas, can you confirm your bug is the same as that reported
> > in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-211 which is a duplicate of
> > the bug identified above.
> >
> It's the same bug. I'll try to get some debug informations david asked for and I'll post them on the dev list.

It was Ross.

It is better to attach stuff to an Issue in Jira,
rather than send to the mailing list.

However, i don't think that will help. If the behaviour
can be demonstrated by one of our "seed sample sites"
then any developer can see the logs for themselves.

What we really need is for developers to help solve the
problem on the dev list. Other developers can help to guide.

-David
AW: Broken links in pdf-tab.html [ In reply to ]
> > It's the same bug. I'll try to get some debug informations david asked
> > for and I'll post them on the dev list.

> It was Ross.
Sorry.

> It is better to attach stuff to an Issue in Jira,
> rather than send to the mailing list.
>
> However, i don't think that will help. If the behaviour
> can be demonstrated by one of our "seed sample sites"
> then any developer can see the logs for themselves.
>
> What we really need is for developers to help solve the
> problem on the dev list. Other developers can help to guide.
Nothing easier than that. I've described how to reproduce the problem using one of the sample sites.
Just have a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-211

Andreas