Departamento de I+D+I - Fundación CTIC
Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón, Asturias (Spain)
www.fundacionctic.org
Re: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am starting to use Apache Forrest, and I am wondering about a plugin for Mediawiki (the wiki engine of Wikipedia).
>
> Is there anybody developing a plugin for Mediwiki? Is there any movement about this issue?

There is a wiki plugin. It doesn't have support for media wiki yet. see
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.wiki

> If this is not the correct mail list, would anybody say me the correct one?

This is the right place for user questions like this. Feel free to ask
more questions about adding media wiki support to the wiki plugin. if
things get too technical we may move the discussion to the dev list.

Ross
RE: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your answer.

I can see that there is not plugin for MediaWiki yet, but is there anybody involved in the development of a plug for MediaWiki?

Best regards,

Carlos Tejo Alonso

Re: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I can see that there is not plugin for MediaWiki yet, but is there anybody involved in the development of a plug for MediaWiki?

The Wiki plugin that Ross refers to, already handles two different types
of plugin. You could follow that to add another type.

-David

RE: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Hello,

A plugin that handles two different types of plugin?? Would you or somebody explain me that?

Best regards,

Carlos Tejo Alonso

Re: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A plugin that handles two different types of plugin?? Would you or somebody explain me that?

It is a single plugin that handles multiple wiki formats. We chose not
to differentiate between different wiki formats in different plugins
because they are all so similar.

Take a look at the code for the plugin, it already handles three
different wiki formats. All you would be doing is adding a fourth, so
you just need to follow the pattern.

In particular take a look at the commits I made in revision 434201 [1].
In this commit I added support for the Google Code wiki. To add support
for media wiki you need only follow that pattern.

If you have specific questions please address them to the dev list where
we will be happy to help.

Ross

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=534201
RE: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Thanks!

Now it is enough clear.

I think that I will send some comments to the dev list ;-)

Carlos Tejo Alonso

Re: MediaWiki plugin [ In reply to ]
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Now it is enough clear.
>
> I think that I will send some comments to the dev list ;-)

Actually, I just realised that commit was incomplete, you also need to
look at rev 556167 [1]

Ross

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=556167