Mailing List Archive

absolute URLs in PDF
Hello,

in case someone else has the same problem: my PDFs generated by Forrest
contained relative URLs for site-internal links which the PDF viewer
then couldn't open because it didn't know the start URL. Attached is a
patch for document-to-fo.xsl which turns relative URLs into absolute
ones in the PDF. It applies to 0.8 cleanly only after also applying the
PDF summary patch; otherwise be prepared for a few line offset warnings.

I enabled this in my skinconf.xml with:
<!--
Normally all links inside a Forrest site are relative. This
does not work well in PDFs which are typically viewed outside of
the web site. Setting this option adds the given prefix to all
relative URLs, both to the link as well as the optional, additional text.
-->
<url-prefix>http://www.estamos.de/</url-prefix>
</pdf>

Is there anything which I might have missed in the patch? If you find
this useful, I'll also submit it via the tracker.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Re: absolute URLs in PDF [ In reply to ]
[absolute URLs more useful in PDF]

See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1013

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly