Mailing List Archive

use of https: protocol in xinclude?
I'm attempting to use an https: protocol request in an xinclude tag and am getting the following error:

"unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

I interpret this to mean that forrest is attempting to find (locally) a trusted certificate that matches that used by the remote host and is failing. Since https: is a security oriented protocol, this is probably the correct behavior. My question is how I configure forrest either (a) look in a specific file for the certificate or (b) turn off validation of certificates.

The server (a subversion server) allows anonymous access, is accessible from a web browser on the same machine.

I'm aware that there are security certificates at the JVM level which I could use, either by adding it /etc/java-1.5.0-sun/security/cacerts or a commandline option when starting the JVM, but these seem clumsy overkill.

cheers
stuart