Mailing List Archive

[apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator
Hi,

only for test i put org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator in
the list of the plugin.

After "forrest run"
the following message is displayed

configure-input-plugin:
Mounting input plugin: org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod
Processing
D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8-paul-site\build\tmp\input.xmap to
D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8-paul-site\build\tmp\input.xmap.new
D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8\main\var\pluginMountSnippet.xsl
Moving 1 file to D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8-paul-site\build\tmp
Processing
D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8-paul-site\build\tmp\resources.xmap to
D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8-paul-site\build\tmp\resources.xmap.new
D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8\main\var\pluginMountSnippet.xsl
Moving 1 file to D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8-paul-site\build\tmp
No locationmap provided for plugin org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod

When I try to reach my site http://mysite/index.html
The following message is displayed.

Internal Server Error
Message: null
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet
Request URI
index.html
cause
org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator
request-uri
/index.html

Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev

Cheers,
Paul
Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator [ In reply to ]
On 20/04/07, Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr
<Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> only for test i put org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator in the list of the plugin.

Thanks for this.

> No locationmap provided for plugin org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod

This is because the plugin has not been updated to work in Forrest 0.8.

The plugin still appears on the list of plugins for 0.8
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/index.html

We need to improve the generation of the plugins list by adding a list
of compatible forrest versions to the plugins.xml file.

Please add this issue to our tracker.

I've also copied this mail to Ronald, the plugin maintainer so that he
can update his plugin if he so desires (Ronald, if you don't want to
maintain it I'm sure we will accept it into the whiteboard).

Ross
Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator [ In reply to ]
Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 20/04/07, Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr
> <Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:
>>
>> only for test i put org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator
>> in the list of the plugin.

> Thanks for this.

Many thanks to both of you for bringing this to my attention.

>> No locationmap provided for plugin org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod
>
> This is because the plugin has not been updated to work in Forrest 0.8.
>
> The plugin still appears on the list of plugins for 0.8
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/index.html

I have updated the plugin to work with 0.8. It should now work with
Forrest 0.7 and 0.8. Please ignore the documentation talking about
0.7-dev for the moment. I'll get to it in the next few days.

> I've also copied this mail to Ronald, the plugin maintainer so that he
> can update his plugin if he so desires (Ronald, if you don't want to
> maintain it I'm sure we will accept it into the whiteboard).

Thanks again for CCing me, Ross. I do want to keep maintaining the
plugin. It needs some more work, which I hope I can get to this summer.

I need to update my own site to Forrest 0.8, too. Which reminds me:

Congrats to all Forrest developers to the 0.8 release!

> Ross

Ron
Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.PodGenerator [ In reply to ]
On So, 2007-04-22 at 15:23 +0200, Ron Blaschke wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > This is because the plugin has not been updated to work in Forrest 0.8.
> >
> > The plugin still appears on the list of plugins for 0.8
> > http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/index.html
>
> I have updated the plugin to work with 0.8. It should now work with
> Forrest 0.7 and 0.8.

Thanks for that. I always wanted to ask about this, but deferred it as
it seemed inappropriate to ask for support of an unreleased development
version of Forrest.

FYI, I would like to use your plugin for maintaining text which is to be
converted into plain text/man pages as part of a program build and into
web pages as part of a Forrest project. POD seems most appropriate for
that task because pod2man/text should be available on all build hosts;
other formats either lead to more complicated build requirements or
cannot be parsed by Forrest.

> I need to update my own site to Forrest 0.8, too. Which reminds me:
>
> Congrats to all Forrest developers to the 0.8 release!

Indeed! I know what a chore it can be to do a release, but as a user I
very much appreciate that the Forrest developers went through the
effort, so also a "big thanks" from me.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly