how can I tell ant that _in this project_ I need to copy everything in resources/x/ to site/x/?

Regards,
Sjur
Re: External component and forrest site [ In reply to ]
On 09/05/2016 07:59 AM, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As a follow-up on the previous question, here’s another one:
>
> I need to be able to build a static version of the site. This works fine _except_ for this editor thing that I added to $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/.
>
> The thing is, that the ant build files are _mimicking_ the xmaps etc, they are not directly using them. And in this case ant is not copying any (?) of the files found in that resources dir except for the one linked to in the html page that contains the editor.
>
> So:
>
> how can I tell ant that _in this project_ I need to copy everything in resources/x/ to site/x/?

I thought I remembered there being a setting to control this. All I'm
finding now is:

https://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_100/howto/howto-asf-mirror.html#link
and
https://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_100/faq.html#cli-xconf

Have you already tried that?

Brian
Re: External component and forrest site [ In reply to ]
Brian M Dube wrote:
> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > As a follow-up on the previous question, here’s another one:
> >
> > I need to be able to build a static version of the site. This works fine _except_ for this editor thing that I added to $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/.
> >
> > The thing is, that the ant build files are _mimicking_ the xmaps etc, they are not directly using them. And in this case ant is not copying any (?) of the files found in that resources dir except for the one linked to in the html page that contains the editor.

Around line 82 of main/targets/site.xml
it copies only certain project resources, explicitly the images directory.

Perhaps the ability was never completed to copy over certain relevant
other project resources.

> > So:
> >
> > how can I tell ant that _in this project_ I need to copy everything in resources/x/ to site/x/?

Perhaps this is indicating that this should be in a plugin.
There is a section at the end of each plugin build.xml file,
that shows how to copy over extra resources.

I only found one that utilises that: the output.htmlArea plugin.
(Not sure about the state of that plugin, but at least useful as an example.)

As a plugin would make it easier to apply to various projects.

> I thought I remembered there being a setting to control this. All I'm
> finding now is:
>
> https://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_100/howto/howto-asf-mirror.html#link
> and
> https://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_100/faq.html#cli-xconf
>
> Have you already tried that?
>
> Brian

And if your project uses Forrestbot to deploy, then that might assist
on a per-project level.

http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html#Workstages
discusses using your own "getlocal.get" workstage.

Another way is shown in our "zone" SVN forrest/zone/config/run-forrestbot.sh
which can copy some stuff before invoking forrest.

-David
Re: External component and forrest site [ In reply to ]
Thanks to both of you for tips and suggestions:-)

Sjur