So i hope to merge it soon. Need to take it slowly
because the associated issues have consumed my spare time.

Before that i need to deploy the trunk PDF output plugin
once more, and then increment its version because
it now has major changes.

Meanwhile if anyone has time to test the branch,
then that would be good.

-David
Re: [heads-up] merging branch to update our Cocoon to 2013 [ In reply to ]
David Crossley wrote:

> As seen from the commits and issues, i have finally
> succeeded with the updating of our packaged Cocoon.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1240
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/update_cocoon_2.1.12
>
> So i hope to merge it soon. Need to take it slowly
> because the associated issues have consumed my spare time.
>
> Before that i need to deploy the trunk PDF output plugin
> once more, and then increment its version because
> it now has major changes.
>
> Meanwhile if anyone has time to test the branch,
> then that would be good.

Okay things seems to be fine.
Forrestbot on the zone is happy and Gump is happy.

The main changes are with the PDF Output plugin.
It now uses FOP v1.0 and Cocoon's updated FOP Block.

Thanks to Ferdinand and Jeremias their interim
solution at Forrest. That is now replaced.

(If anyone needs to use the old version, then remember
that you can specify that in the forrest.properties
configuration file by appending "-0.3".)

So those developers who use the PDF plugin, please
ensure that all is okay, especially with your extra
configurations.

Enjoy the new FOP abilities, and please enhance our
plugin if there is anything more that we can utilise.

Next step will be to get Gump to use the trunk of FOP,
Batik, and Commons to see if we can upgrade further.

-David