Mailing List Archive

Your Gump Build(s)
Dear Community

Apache Gump builds some of your projects and it is quite possible you
don't know or have by now forgotten about it.

More than half a year ago a technical problem has forced us to turn off
emails on build failures as we would have been sending out lots of false
alarms.

Before we re-enable emails we'd like to know whether you are still
interested in the service Gump provides, so please tell us. :-)

Metadata for many projects have been neglected for a long time and it is
quite possible they'd need some love for results to be meaningful. All
Apache committers have write access to Gump's metadata.

In case you don't know what this Gump stuff is about:

Apache Gump builds the full stack of the latest commits of software in
order to ensure integrity over releases. Build failures surface API
discontinuities between projects before they impact releases, and Gump's
e-mail notifications hope to promote the conversations between teams to
resolve those discontinuities.

When responding to this mail please shorten the CC list as appropriate.

Cheers

Stefan

on behalf of the Gump PMC
Re: Your Gump Build(s) [ In reply to ]
Reminder to Forrest:
Our Gump stuff is described here:
http://forrest.apache.org/gump.html

Many thanks to Stefan and others for their efforts with Gump.

-David

Re: Your Gump Build(s) [ In reply to ]
David Crossley wrote:

> Reminder to Forrest:
> Our Gump stuff is described here:
> http://forrest.apache.org/gump.html

I do reckon that Gump is useful.
If i do not hear otherwise soon from Forrest devs
then i will ask Gump to continue.

-David

Re: Your Gump Build(s) [ In reply to ]
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Dear Community
>
> Apache Gump builds some of your projects and it is quite possible you
> don't know or have by now forgotten about it.
>
> More than half a year ago a technical problem has forced us to turn off
> emails on build failures as we would have been sending out lots of false
> alarms.
>
> Before we re-enable emails we'd like to know whether you are still
> interested in the service Gump provides, so please tell us. :-)

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, if possible then Apache Forrest would like to continue.

Forrest is a consumer of many other projects.
Our gump metadata have been configured to utilise our local
copy of some of those. For others we use the gump-built one.

Gump has a special copy of Cocoon-2.1 but we could change to
use the abovementioned approach.

So Forrest could re-jig ours to use the up-to-the-minute
version of whatever Gump does provide, and then use our
local copies for the rest.

-David

Re: Your Gump Build(s) [ In reply to ]
On 2013-07-23, David Crossley wrote:

> Yes, if possible then Apache Forrest would like to continue.

TBH, I had expected that :-)

Noted.

> So Forrest could re-jig ours to use the up-to-the-minute
> version of whatever Gump does provide, and then use our
> local copies for the rest.

I think that should work. We'll very likely not build Cocoon anymore,
but at least the XML stack, Ant, FOP and Batik will be available.

Stefan