(my emphasis)

If there are no objections, I will just remove the mime type from that (and similar) match(es).

Sjur
Re: Javascript mime type [ In reply to ]
I'd say text/javascript or application/javascript is the right answer.
Omitting it feels pretty wrong though.

--tim

Re: Javascript mime type [ In reply to ]
According to this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4101394/javascript-mime-type
and many others on the net, application/javascript is the correct answer, but not accepted by MS IE ≤ 8. Which leaves us with text/javascript. But several places (including the above) argues that leaving it empty is fine, and the most compatible. I have no strong opinions, though, just that the present mime type definitely is wrong :)

Sjur

Re: Javascript mime type [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com> wrote:
> According to this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4101394/javascript-mime-type
> and many others on the net, application/javascript is the correct answer, but not accepted by MS IE ≤ 8. Which leaves us with text/javascript. But several places (including the above) argues that leaving it empty is fine, and the most compatible. I have no strong opinions, though, just that the present mime type definitely is wrong :)

I'd go with text/javascript - it's a reasonable default. It's worth
noting that we serve it as 'application/javascript' because that's the
default mime-type mapping for httpd[1].

--tim

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/mime.types
Re: Javascript mime type [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com> wrote:
>> According to this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4101394/javascript-mime-type
>> and many others on the net, application/javascript is the correct answer, but not accepted by MS IE ≤ 8. Which leaves us with text/javascript. But several places (including the above) argues that leaving it empty is fine, and the most compatible. I have no strong opinions, though, just that the present mime type definitely is wrong :)
>
> I'd go with text/javascript - it's a reasonable default. It's worth
> noting that we serve it as 'application/javascript' because that's the
> default mime-type mapping for httpd[1].

Ooops.. dangling pronoun:( "we" == forrest.apache.org :)

--tim
Re: Javascript mime type [ In reply to ]
Den 24. jan 2013 kl. 22:33 skrev Tim Williams:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com> wrote:
>>> According to this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4101394/javascript-mime-type
>>> and many others on the net, application/javascript is the correct answer, but not accepted by MS IE ≤ 8. Which leaves us with text/javascript. But several places (including the above) argues that leaving it empty is fine, and the most compatible. I have no strong opinions, though, just that the present mime type definitely is wrong :)
>>
>> I'd go with text/javascript - it's a reasonable default.

Agrre, I'll commit.

>> It's worth
>> noting that we serve it as 'application/javascript' because that's the
>> default mime-type mapping for httpd[1].
>
> Ooops.. dangling pronoun:( "we" == forrest.apache.org :)

:)

Sjur