If there some other way i can do this without using Exim, sendmail, etc?

Thanks,
Mark W.
Re: Queue dramas. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:

> I have looked through all the FAQs, searched google, etc, but i cannot find out how to stop Exim from queueing incoming messages.
> Ive tried everything the FAQ sugests, but none of the settings seem to help.
> Currently im trying "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=1000" to stop queueing, but its not working either.

How are the messages arriving? What is in Exim's log?

> Actually, all i really want is a MTA (or other) that will accept messages from
> Fetchmail and put them in the spool so i can then use procmail and mutt to read
> them.

Ah. Fetchmail. I don't know much about that, but the obvious question is
"How is fetchmail passing the messages to Exim?" What command is used?

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
Re: Queue dramas. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> Im new to Exim, so please go easy on me ;)
>
> I have looked through all the FAQs, searched google, etc, but i cannot find out how to stop Exim from queueing incoming messages.
> Ive tried everything the FAQ sugests, but none of the settings seem to help.
> Currently im trying "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=1000" to stop queueing, but its not working either.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix?
>
> Actually, all i really want is a MTA (or other) that will accept messages from
> Fetchmail and put them in the spool so i can then use procmail and mutt to read

Well, all messages have to qo in exims queue as it receives them, and
then it delivers them, but to tell the truth, you dont really need exim
at all I beleive fetchmail will put them in your mailbox files
directly..

Re: Queue dramas. [ In reply to ]
By Philip Hazel, on Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:41:31PM +0100:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:
>
> > I have looked through all the FAQs, searched google, etc, but i cannot find out how to stop Exim from queueing incoming messages.
> > Ive tried everything the FAQ sugests, but none of the settings seem to help.
> > Currently im trying "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=1000" to stop queueing, but its not working either.
>
> How are the messages arriving? What is in Exim's log?

They are arriving via SMTP and Exim is then queueing them as i normaly recieve >100 emails daily.

> > Actually, all i really want is a MTA (or other) that will accept messages from
> > Fetchmail and put them in the spool so i can then use procmail and mutt to read
> > them.
>
> Ah. Fetchmail. I don't know much about that, but the obvious question is
> "How is fetchmail passing the messages to Exim?" What command is used?

It connects to port 25 via SMTP.

Re: Queue dramas. [ In reply to ]
Fixed.

I found out i can simply use:
fetchmail -a -F -m "procmail -f %F"

Exactly what i was after... no MTA needed.