him to Exim and now, when he marks messages for deletion they show up
again as new messages after a few minutes.

This problem does not happen if he uses Mozilla. Also, closing OE
causes the messages to stay away.

Any clue what might cause a problem like this? This is a weird
problem.

Thanks,
Mark Lehrer
Re: Outlook Express fails to delete messages [ In reply to ]
Mark Lehrer [mark@knm.org] wrote:

> I have a user with Outlook Express 6 who is having a weird problem.
> Until last week he was using CommuniGate with no trouble. I switched
> him to Exim and now, when he marks messages for deletion they show up
> again as new messages after a few minutes.
>
> This problem does not happen if he uses Mozilla. Also, closing OE
> causes the messages to stay away.
>
> Any clue what might cause a problem like this? This is a weird
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Lehrer

Mark pop or IMAP, and I realy do not think it has anything to do with the smtp server.
--
*--* Mail: lawrence@otak.com
*--* Voice: 425.739.4247
Re: Outlook Express fails to delete messages [ In reply to ]
> Any clue what might cause a problem like this? This is a weird
> problem.

That would be a POP or IMAP problem. Exim has nothing to do with that.
Re: Outlook Express fails to delete messages [ In reply to ]
Have a look at pop-imap@exim.org

Jeremy C. Reed
BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
http://bsd.reedmedia.net/
Re: Outlook Express fails to delete messages [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Mark Lehrer wrote:

> Any clue what might cause a problem like this? This is a weird
> problem.

ive seen older versions of courier imap do that with outlook express. if
you are using courier imap then an upgrade might fix the problem.

Paul