Gerente de Operações - Linux Solutions - http://www.linuxsolutions.com.br
O maior conteúdo de Linux em língua portuguesa - OLinux - http://www.olinux.com.br
(21) 2526-7262 ramal 31
Re: SPA Performance [ In reply to ]
Oh.
Pentium IV dual 1.0 Ghz, 1Gb RAM, ok?
Machine is not problem. I'm trying to get a right machine to this task. Filter (with SA)and scan too (anti-virus) 50.000 mails/day.
The above machine configuration work for this?
TIA, Paulo Henrique.

--
Paulo Henrique B de Oliveira
Re: SPA Performance [ In reply to ]

Re: SPA Performance [ In reply to ]
At 18:21 06.07.02 +0000, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

Hi,

> Pentium IV dual 1.0 Ghz, 1Gb RAM, ok?
> Machine is not problem. I'm trying to get a right machine to this
> task. Filter (with SA)and scan too (anti-virus) 50.000 mails/day.
> The above machine configuration work for this?

I can't speak for spamassassin, because I don't use it nor saw any
performancetests. But we use a dual Pentium III 1Ghz, 2 Gb RAM and fast
scsi-raid for a mailserver with virusscanning using amavis. Tests have
shown, that 30000 Mails within 3 hours with different attachement-sizes
(10kb to 5mb) are not a problem at all (the load-average is at 4.0 and the
machine is usable as before). We use amavisd with "antivir" (by H+B EDV) as
virusscanner. And exim3.

hth, Christian

--
Christian Froemmel - Systemadministration Mail/Webserver
WWW: http://www.medizin.fu-berlin.de/~froemmel