Mailing List Archive

Multiple local_scan's?
Is there plans for supporting multiple local_scan's?

I guess this combined with the dynamic loading would probably be the
ideal way, then you could just have a directory for them.

The issue for me was getting both sa-exim/spamassassin and
exiscan/clamscan working. I did it without much effort by renaming
sa-exim's local_scan.* to sa-exim.*, and renaming the function to
sa_exim_local_scan, and then adding to the front of the exiscan
local_scan

debug_printf("exiscan: run sa-exim\n");

retvalue = sa_exim_local_scan( fd, return_text);

if ( retvalue != LOCAL_SCAN_ACCEPT ) {
return retvalue;
}
// return_text is lost
lseek( fd, 17 , SEEK_SET);

retvalue = LOCAL_SCAN_ACCEPT;

basically just call sa_exim_local_scan and then seek back to byte 17
(actually, not necessary in the case of exiscan, but anyway).

So partly, this is a request for this to be easier and/or if it is,
how to do it, and partly this is information for anyone else who
wants to to setup sa-exim and exiscan together.

Enjoy,
Peter.

--
<http://www.interarchy.com/> <http://download.interarchy.com/>
Re: Multiple local_scan's? [ In reply to ]
At 15:22 +0800 Peter N Lewis wrote:

>The issue for me was getting both sa-exim/spamassassin and
>exiscan/clamscan working. I did it without much effort by renaming
>sa-exim's local_scan.* to sa-exim.*, and renaming the function to
>sa_exim_local_scan, and then adding to the front of the exiscan
>local_scan
[snip]

Looks good to me.

>So partly, this is a request for this to be easier and/or if it is,
>how to do it, and partly this is information for anyone else who
>wants to to setup sa-exim and exiscan together.

TBH I think that's easy enough! Iff Philip accepts the dynamic shared
object patches, then I guess one can just plug in .so files. Otoh this
might tempt anti-virus vendors to ship binary-only modules--this doesn't
give me a very warm feeling inside. However, if such code crashes an Exim
process it won't be particularly fatal :)
Re: Multiple local_scan's? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Peter N Lewis wrote:

> Is there plans for supporting multiple local_scan's?

*My* plan is that somebody else should write a local_scan that
implements this. :-) The whole point of providing just one lowest-level
C interface was that other people could then write the fancy interfaces
(to call Perl, to run multiple functions, to do dynamic loading, etc.,
etc.) as third-party add-ons.

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
Re: Multiple local_scan's? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Peter N Lewis wrote:
>
> > Is there plans for supporting multiple local_scan's?
>
> *My* plan is that somebody else should write a local_scan that
> implements this. :-) The whole point of providing just one lowest-level
> C interface was that other people could then write the fancy interfaces
> (to call Perl, to run multiple functions, to do dynamic loading, etc.,
> etc.) as third-party add-ons.

It would still be nice if there was an 'official' way of plugging in
multiple scanners. Perhaps you could review any that third parties
develop, and 'bless' one of them.