+39 055-4796-431
+39 348-8605-348
fax 055-495-333
changing from -f option [ In reply to ]
I need to forward some messages sent to a particular user to
another address. Due strange authentication configuration this
other address accept messages onli from certain users.
So i MUST chnage the from ...
i tried to use aliases file with the following line.
leo-home: "|/usr/sbin/exim -f priv@dicea.unifi.it
otheraddress@other.domain"
IT works only if the message DO NOT have any From Line, if there
is one it is kept.
Is there an easy way to accompliush that ?
(i have a .procmail script that does it, but i wished to do it alo for a
simple alias, not a regular user) !

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo informatico e Telematico
Re: changing from -f option [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 07:00:25PM +0200,
Leonardo Boselli <leo@dicea.unifi.it> is thought to have said:

> I need to forward some messages sent to a particular user to
> another address. Due strange authentication configuration this
> other address accept messages onli from certain users.
> So i MUST chnage the from ...
> i tried to use aliases file with the following line.
> leo-home: "|/usr/sbin/exim -f priv@dicea.unifi.it
> otheraddress@other.domain"
> IT works only if the message DO NOT have any From Line, if there
> is one it is kept.
> Is there an easy way to accompliush that ?

Is there any reason you cannot use a rewrite rule?

Tabor J. Wells twells@fsckit.net
Fsck It! Just another victim of the ambient morality
Re: changing from -f option [ In reply to ]
No, just i wished to use just aliases, since these could be a lot of
different rewrites !

Re: changing from -f option [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 04:12:29PM +0200,
Leonardo Boselli <leo@dicea.unifi.it> is thought to have said:

> No, just i wished to use just aliases, since these could be a lot of
> different rewrites !

Aliases change the envelope recepient. Not the sender.