E-Mail: Pedro Bados <pedrobados@eresmas.net>
Date: 24-Jun-2002
Re: Reject local users easily [ In reply to ]
At 3:30 +0200 24/6/02, Pedro Bados wrote:

>How can I reject the mail to specific local users? I need some parameter such
>as sender_reject but for recipients instead of senders. recipient_reject does
>not exist. Why? Can I do it in the SMTP connection with MAIL TO or must I
>reject it later with some director/transport in the message processing?
>
>I suppose the question is really easy but I have not found an easy way to do
>it.

In the acl_smtp_rcpt ACL, I currently have:

deny domains = +local_domains
local_parts = ^.*[.]
message = No dots allowed in any usernames on this system

which rejects any email addressed to a local address that contains
any dots. So just do a similar thing for the users in question:

deny domains = +local_domains
local_parts = fred:jim:bill
message = Users kicked off my system

Should work easily enough.

Enjoy,
Peter.

--
<http://www.interarchy.com/> <http://download.interarchy.com/>
Re: Reject local users easily [ In reply to ]
--
On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 03:30:49AM +0200, Pedro Bados wrote:

| Hello:
|
| How can I reject the mail to specific local users?

In /etc/aliases put the line

dman: :fail: This user is not allowed to receive mail.

(assuming you have a router/director that checks /etc/aliases)

-D

| I need some parameter such as sender_reject but for recipients
| instead of senders. recipient_reject does not exist.

| Why?

There are other ways.

| Can I do it in the SMTP connection with MAIL TO

No. There isn't a "MAIL TO" command. At the "MAIL FROM" commadn you
don't know who the recipient is. The above alias technique will
reject the recipient at "RCPT TO" time.

| or must I reject it later with some director/transport in the
| message processing?

The director causes it to be rejected because exim will verify local
users before accepting them. If no director accepts the address, or
if a director fails the address, it will be rejected.

-D

--

Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.