file = .forward

in the userforward router

it segfaults. I fully realise that this will not ever happen to most
people but should exim point out the error rather than falling over?

N.B. This is not the fault of the convert4r4 script which had been applied

--
Alan Thew alan.thew@liverpool.ac.uk
Computing Services,University of Liverpool Fax: +44 151 794-4442
Re: exim4 segfaults with bad forward file data [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Alan Thew wrote:

> I'm not sure if it this counts as a bug or just user error..

If it's a crash, it's a bug.

> If exim4 is given an exim3 (or possibly older) style config file which
> allowed
>
> file = .forward
>
> in the userforward router
>
> it segfaults. I fully realise that this will not ever happen to most
> people but should exim point out the error rather than falling over?

Yes. Please send me an example of the file that crashes it, and details
of when it segfaults (i.e. delivery, -bt, -bV or whatever). A simple
test of just setting that up doesn't crash for me.

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.