Hello

I have an exim server running on a Debian system. It has been running
for years but after an upgrade we are having problems with imap and
pop clients.

The mail is delivered to a ~/.post/mbox file ok, but the users
mail-clients, which use ssl, fails in reading new mail.

any ideas would help me greatly.

/Peter
Re: imap and pop problem [ In reply to ]
--
On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 10:33:17PM +0200, Peter I. Hansen wrote:
| Hello
|
| I have an exim server running on a Debian system. It has been running
| for years but after an upgrade we are having problems with imap and
| pop clients.
|
| The mail is delivered to a ~/.post/mbox file ok,

If the mail is delivered ok, then it isn't exim's fault or problem.

| but the users
| mail-clients, which use ssl, fails in reading new mail.
|
| any ideas would help me greatly.

Followup on debian-user or on the lists for your pop/imap server(s).

How do the clients fail? What error messages? What changes have to
made to your pop/imap server(s)? What pop/imap server(s) are you
using?

-D

--

A kindhearted woman gains respect,