Mailing List Archive

verify = header_syntax and error messages
I use "require verify = header_syntax" in my check_message ACL.
When the check FAILS, how can I get Exim4 to put an intelligible
error message in the bounce message? Exim3 did a nice job of it.
Exim4 is giving "550 Administrative prohibition", and a bunch of
users with bad addresses in their address books think I'm calling
them spammers.

% exim -bh 127.0.0.1 -bs
The offending header line with the syntax error is: