Mailing List Archive

exiscan corrupting Subject: header?
Hi all,

I have a rather bizarre problem. I have two *almost*
identical machines (A & B) with MX 10 and MX 20 records
associated with them.

Machine A: Linux RedHat 7.2, exim 4.04, exiscan 4.04-5,
sophos 3.57 (libsavi.so.2.2.03.095), sophie 1.33rcb

Machine B: Linux RedHat 7.2, exim 4.04, exiscan 4.04-5,
sophos 3.58 (libsavi.so.2.2.03.098), sophie 1.37

Machine A works perfectly. Machine B delivers mail perfectly,
but the Subject: is always missing from the headers and replaced
with:

What this does is cause the header section to end, and the rest
of the headers (including the Subject: and a second X-Scanner
line) to be considered as part of the body of the message. It
makes a mess of the message, and there is no Subject: header
to boot.

I can only assume I somehow screwed up somewhere when
installing the above-mentioned software on Machine B, but
I cannot find where and when this header re-writing is taking
place and because the X-Scanner header is always being inserted
where the Subject: should be, can only assume this is an exiscan
problem.

I ran this command:

# ./exim -d+all savoy@uleth.ca < foo.txt

where foo.txt contains the following text: