works as a database. Does this mean I have to create a record in LDAP and if
so how do I do that or does pop authenticate itself with the same
username/password (/etc/passwd)?
Re: Authentication with POP3 [ In reply to ]
Roberto Mason wrote:

>I``ve installed my POP3 server, On my Linux Server, I have a user defined
>with password. When i go and authenticate with Outlook, it asked me for
>username and password. I went into authentication configuration and turned
>on LDAP with dc=robertomason.pointclark, dc=net and my ip address is that of
>my server 192.168.1.2.
>
>According to what I understand, (I`ve never worked with LDAP), but LDAP
>works as a database. Does this mean I have to create a record in LDAP and if
>so how do I do that or does pop authenticate itself with the same
>username/password (/etc/passwd)?

This is really not exim stuff.

pop3 and imap use /etc/passwd in stock RH using University of Washington
IMAP server (which is the default package)

If you have other problems can I invite you to take it off list and mail
me directly or have a look at the redhat lists :-)

Kind regards
Xander
Re: Authentication with POP3 [ In reply to ]
> This is really not exim stuff.
>
> pop3 and imap use /etc/passwd in stock RH using University of Washington
> IMAP server (which is the default package)
>
> If you have other problems can I invite you to take it off list and mail
> me directly or have a look at the redhat lists :-)

Just a reminder: there is an Exim-friendly list for discussing POP3: