> domains = etc/exim/local_domains
> file = /etc/mail/${domain}
> search_type = lsearch
Re: where to find docs and specs about existing drivers?? [ In reply to ]
On 04 June 2002, Jerome Lapostolle said:
> hello,
>
> I need to do a director which forward mails for aliases contained in an file.
> this file is not a real alias file, it's like:
> mail_address: mail_address,mail_address,...etc
>
> my problem is standard alias driver take only local_part to find
> existing aliases and I cant find any documentation on how works in
> details the different predefinite driver in exim, so I cant figure how
> to "derivate" alias method to do this.

First, you forgot to mention which Exim version you're using. You
mentioned directors, though, so I'll assume Exim 3.

Have you tried the Exim documentation, available a few clicks away from
www.exim.org? You've already got an aliasfile director, so all you need
to do is look at at chapter 23, "The aliasfile director" --
specifically, the 'include_domain' option. Good luck!

Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer gward@mems-exchange.org
MEMS Exchange http://www.mems-exchange.org
Re: where to find docs and specs about existing drivers?? [ In reply to ]
All docs for exim are in the exim Specification (spec.txt).

In this case, here is the relevant section..

23.7 Aliasfile private options

This section lists the private options that "aliasfile" does not have in
common with "forwardfile". Those that they share are given in chapter
22.

[...]

include_domain Type: boolean Default: false

Setting this option true causes the key that is looked up to be 'local-
part@domain' instead of just 'local-part'. Thus a single file can be
used to hold aliases for many local domains. This option has no effect
if the search type specifies a query-style lookup.

If you want include defaults for each domain in an alias file in the
form

*@domain1: default@domain1
*@domain2: default@domain2

then you need to include '*@' in the search type (for example, "dbm*@").
See section 6.1 for details of this kind of search.

[...]

Re: where to find docs and specs about existing drivers?? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Quoting Jerome Lapostolle <jlapostolle@axialys.net>:

> I need to do a director which forward mails for aliases contained in an
> file.
> this file is not a real alias file, it's like:
> mail_address: mail_address,mail_address,...etc
>
> my problem is standard alias driver take only local_part to find
> existing aliases and I cant find any documentation on how works in
> details the different predefinite driver in exim, so I cant figure how
> to "derivate" alias method to do this.

Look in doc/spec.txt or at http://www.exim.org/

As you are mentionning directors, I suppose you are using Exim 3.x. Look
at the include_domain option.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net