My ultimate goal is to have hotmail senders blocked except for a specific
set of $sender_address in a file.

Can anyone think of a good way to do this by adding a conditon?

Thanks,
scott
--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48
Re: Whitelist of users for LARTed domains [ In reply to ]
Scott M. Nolde(scott@smnolde.com)@2002.06.03 21:16:38 +0000:
> Greetings,
>
> I have the following director in my configuration which blocks hosts from
> certain domains:
> bounce_spam_master:
> driver = smartuser
> require_files = /etc/exim/spammers
> senders = /etc/exim/spammers
> new_address = :fail: "unknown local-part \"$local_part\" in domain
> \"$domain\""
>
> My ultimate goal is to have hotmail senders blocked except for a specific
> set of $sender_address in a file.
>
> Can anyone think of a good way to do this by adding a conditon?
>
> Thanks,
> scott
> --

With enough monkeys at the typewriter, I found this to work:
bounce_spam_master:
driver = smartuser
require_files = /etc/exim/spammers
senders = /etc/exim/spammers
new_address = :fail: "unknown local-part \"$local_part\" in domain
\"$domain\""
condition = "${if {!eq {$sender_address}{lsearch;/etc/exim/whitelist}}{0}{1}}"
This is handy if a user has friends on hotmail or yahoo which need to
send mail, yet I deny other unlisted users from delivery.

--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48
Re: Whitelist of users for LARTed domains [ In reply to ]
Scott M. Nolde(scott@smnolde.com)@2002.06.03 21:32:04 +0000:
> Scott M. Nolde(scott@smnolde.com)@2002.06.03 21:16:38 +0000:

Well, I spoke too soon and the following doesn't help at all. Can anyone
help me with the following?

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Whitelist of users for LARTed domains [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Scott M. Nolde wrote:

> > My ultimate goal is to have hotmail senders blocked except for a specific
> > set of $sender_address in a file.

what about

sender_reject = ! /etc/exim/hotmail_senders_i_accept : hotmail.com

?

--
[-]
Re: Whitelist of users for LARTed domains [ In reply to ]
Tamas TEVESZ(ice@extreme.hu)@2002.06.04 16:04:46 +0000:
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Scott M. Nolde wrote:
>
> > > My ultimate goal is to have hotmail senders blocked except for a specific
> > > set of $sender_address in a file.
>
> what about
>
> sender_reject = ! /etc/exim/hotmail_senders_i_accept : hotmail.com
>
> ?

I was just thinking of using:
sender_reject_recipients = ! /etc/exim/whitelist : /etc/exim/spammers

That was exactly it. Thanks. I've dumped the director.
--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48