something up! Thanks for your help
Brandon

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Re: What handles queue to spool [ In reply to ]
In article <20020603152958.70405.qmail@web10301.mail.yahoo.com>,
Brandon Mercer <yourcomputerpal@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Ok, I understand the difference between the queue and
>the users mailbox after reading that response and
>exim's definition of a queue. Now, what part of the
>exim config file handles delivery from the queue to
>either a mailbox or out to the internet. I sent one
>message from my server to my yahoo account and it
>didn't get past the 'queue' folder... so I've messed
>something up! Thanks for your help

Perhaps it cannot be delivered for some reason - it might be 'frozen'.
'mailq' will tell you, and so will 'exim -v -qf' (that will
force a queue run and make exim tell you verbosely what it's doing)

Mike.
Re: What handles queue to spool [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Brandon Mercer wrote:

> exim's definition of a queue. Now, what part of the
> exim config file handles delivery from the queue to
> either a mailbox or out to the internet. I sent one

The transports do actual deliveries: after all directing and routing is
finished successfully, the addresses are passed to assigned
transports.

Directors handle local domains: passed to each configured director until
one is able to handle it. It can set up a local or remote transport for
it. Or it can generate new addresses (e.g. aliases) and process it again
(starting at first director). If none can handle it, then the address is
failed.

The routers handle remote addresses: if address is not local, then it is
passed to each "router" until one can handle it. "Routers" normally setup
remote "transports" for sending to a remote machine.

> message from my server to my yahoo account and it
> didn't get past the 'queue' folder... so I've messed
> something up! Thanks for your help

Look at your mail logs! They should tell you what you need to know.

(And try using -d11 with exim for lots of debugging messages.)

Jeremy C. Reed
echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'