Mailing List Archive

persistent frozen mails
Hi all,

once in a while a have a frozen mail for an understandable reason. But since some time they are persistent. After running the proper
exim -Mrm
they vanish from sight, i.e. a
exim -bp
will not list. But after some time they reappear. I found the files under the /var/spool/exim4 hierarchy do a good keepsake job ;-)
Are those files not supposed to vanish after deleting the queue? Only when I stop exim and manually remove files, the spook is gone for good.
I cannot see an access right problem. Exim created the files after all. It does not seem to break anything, but stays a nuisance.
Any idea?

Exim version 4.95 #2 built 11-Jan-2024 13:16:58
but started in earlier versions...

Cheers
Hardy