-----Mensagem original-----
De: Slavko via Exim-users [mailto:exim-users@lists.exim.org]
Enviada em: domingo, 21 de janeiro de 2024 15:02
Para: exim ML
Assunto: [exim] Re: Received and read time report

D?a 21. januára 2024 17:06:30 UTC používate? Ronaldo Luiz <cadastro@rc9.net.br> napísal:

>I want to know the time that the message is in the mail server. The time between received and read. This time will show me the delay time of the mail server.

exim-users@lists.exim.org
Try to look into logging in docs, there are multiple log_selector options
about logging of time, eg. queued time, delivery time... You get QT=,
DT= entries in log lines.

If you want to know how long undelivered (yet) messages are waiting
in queue, just list queue content, eg. by mailq, time is shown with each.

>Not want to know if the receipt read it...

OK, nobody like user tracking, except email marketers...

>If you could help me, I appreciate.

Please, keep responses to ML, i will not reply to direct mails in future.

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/

Re: RES: Re: Received and read time report [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Ronaldo Luiz de Carvalho via Exim-users wrote:

> Yes, I want to know the time that the message is in the mail
> server. The time between received and read. This time will show me
> the delay time of the mail server.

These times are not the same thing.

I am not really sure what you are doing.
Are you trying to find out why you don't immediately see a copy
of mails that you send, or why someone else does not ?
If it is someone else, then there are *two* mail servers involved
(or possibly even more).

How long the message spends in your out-going exim queue is useful
and can be found by using
exigrep <msg-id> /var/spool/exim/mainlog
(or similar names). This may also show you where the delays were
for this message.

However there may also be delays between the recipient's mail server
making it available for their MUA (mail user agent - their mail client),
before their MUA shows that it knows about the message
and before they read it.
The sending server knows nothing about those delays.

> Reading the docs I found the command parameter that list
> "queue_time_overall”, but I didn't find how to include it on cPanel
> Exim Configuration.
>
> Could you help me? This is what I want, know the time in Exim queue.

Sorry, I know nothing about using cpanel, and neither will most people here.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk