Thanks,

Ronaldo Luiz
ronaldo@rc9.net.br

Re: Received and read time report [ In reply to ]
Ahoj,

D?a Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:32:59 -0300 Ronaldo Luiz via Exim-users
<exim-users@lists.exim.org> napísal:

> How can I know the time when an email was read by the recipient?

Ask him :-D

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk
Re: Received and read time report [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Ronaldo Luiz via Exim-users wrote:

> How can I know the time when an email was read by the recipient?
>
> EXIM receives an email and validates the receipt, the time of this receipt
> is recorded at EXIM_MAINLOG file. Where is the time to read by the
> recipient?
>
> How can I generate a report in have: sender, recipient, time of receipt and
> reading time?

This is done by the mail user agent not the mail server.
Look up how to enable read receipt requests in Thunderbird,
GMail, Outlook/365 or similar; not Exim.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: Received and read time report [ In reply to ]
D?a 21. januára 2024 17:06:30 UTC používate? Ronaldo Luiz <cadastro@rc9.net.br> napísal:

>I want to know the time that the message is in the mail server. The time between received and read. This time will show me the delay time of the mail server.

Perhaps do you mean time between receiving and delivering? Or, in
other words, time which message was in queue...

Try to look into logging in docs, there are multiple log_selector options
about logging of time, eg. queued time, delivery time... You get QT=,
DT= entries in log lines.

If you want to know how long undelivered (yet) messages are waiting
in queue, just list queue content, eg. by mailq, time is shown with each.

>Not want to know if the receipt read it...

OK, nobody like user tracking, except email marketers...

>If you could help me, I appreciate.

Please, keep responses to ML, i will not reply to direct mails in future.

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/

Re: Received and read time report [ In reply to ]
D?a 21. januára 2024 19:03:17 UTC používate? Ronaldo Luiz de Carvalho <ronaldo@rc9.net.br> napísal:

>I didn't find how to include it on cPanel Exim Configuration.

I never used cpanel. Ask (or search) in its support.

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/