Mailing List Archive

Request for feedback on Require-Recipient-Valid-Since (RFC 7293)
Hello exim-users,

I'm a developer looking to support RRVS (RFC 7293) in our internal fork of
exim, and would like to hear if it is also benificial for you to have this
available upstream.  In short, this extension protects senders from delivering
a message to an address that has changed its owner since some point in time.

It looks like facebook supports this since 2014, and if your mail service
allows re-registration of the same local-part by another user after the old
mailbox is deleted, the new owner will not get password reset link for old
owners' facebook account if RRVS is supported by MTA/MDA. Or if your service
allowed such re-registration, but stopped doing so, without RRVS this could
still haunt your users decades after..

Please respond if you have any thoughts on RFC 7293, and/or arguments for
having it (un)supported in exim.

Thanks,
  Max