Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit)
Hi, folks,

I was installing 4.96.1 on my dev systems and hit this dependency
problem: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit). I'm not finding it in any of
the usual places (RHEL, EPEL).

Where would you recommend getting it from?

Thanks,

John A
--
John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator | Information Technology Services

Reminder: IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts. For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.

Re: Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit) [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/2023 20:51, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users wrote:

> I was installing 4.96.1 on my dev systems and hit this dependency
> problem: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit). I'm not finding it in any of
> the usual places (RHEL, EPEL).

What OS/version are you running specifically?
In RHEL, you should find the package "pcre2" which provides this; for example,
on recent RHEL8 versions:

pcre2-10.32-3.el8_6.x86_64

(from the "rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms" repository)

Tim

Re: Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit) [ In reply to ]
Ah! That's the explanation. These are RHEL 7 boxes and they don't have that
package in the RHEL 7 repos. Which brings me back around to hunting for the
package...or building it, I suppose.

Re: Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit) [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/2023 21:47, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users wrote:

[pcre2]

> Ah! That's the explanation. These are RHEL 7 boxes and they don't have that
> package in the RHEL 7 repos. Which brings me back around to hunting for the
> package...or building it, I suppose.

The "pcre2" package is shipped with RHEL7 too, in many repositories including
"rhel-7-server-rpms".

See for example:
https://access.redhat.com/downloads/content/pcre2/10.23-2.el7/x86_64/fd431d51/package

Tim

Re: Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit) [ In reply to ]
I eventually figured that out, but am now frustrated that it will. not.
install for some reason. But I'll fix that.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 3:46?PM Tim Jackson via Exim-users <