Mailing List Archive

Configure exim to use remote smtp without authentication
Hi Guys,

I have a Debian 11 server with exim4 on it. I have configured exim4 to
always use Amazon's smtp server ("mail.mydomainname.com") for email
delivery.

I do have access credentials, but I want to know if its possible to force
exim to not authenticate the Amazon server credentials.

I get the below error as I have not added the creds in the passwd.client
file.

** root@mydomainname.com R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost
H=********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************":
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<>: 530 Authentication
required

Is there any directive that can be added in the remote_smtp_smarthost to
bypass the authentication ?

Regards,
Shaheena K

Re: Configure exim to use remote smtp without authentication [ In reply to ]
On 04/10/2023 09:35, Shaheena Kazi via Exim-users wrote:
> Is there any directive that can be added in the remote_smtp_smarthost to
> bypass the authentication ?

Your probably have done so already; that's the implication of that error
response.

Amazon is *requiring* that you authenticate to them before they let you use them.
Which is perfectly normal and reasonable of them.
Jeremy

Re: Configure exim to use remote smtp without authentication [ In reply to ]
Okay thanks for the clarification.