restored upon return to the top level ACL?

--
Ian

Re: log_reject_target [ In reply to ]
On 19/04/2023 16:24, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> First, does this mean that here nothing will be logged:
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
>
> warn log_reject_target =
>
> deny condition = true

I've not tried that, but at first sight yes.
Why are you asking?

> Second, what about nested ACLs? Both with the acl= condition
> and with the ${acl .. } expansion. Is the value of log_reject_target
> restored upon return to the top level ACL?

The value is reset to default on an expansion condition or item which
calls an ACL, and on any of the top-level ACL calls specified by
main-config options. It is not reset for or after an "acl=" ACL
condition (i.e. a nested ACL call)/
Jeremy

Re: log_reject_target [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 03:33:55PM +0100, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> > First, does this mean that here nothing will be logged:
> >
> > acl_check_rcpt:
> >
> > warn log_reject_target =
> >
> > deny condition = true

> I've not tried that, but at first sight yes.
> Why are you asking?

I was not sure I was interpreting the expression "current ACL" correctly.
Things like warn and deny are what, ACL rules?

--
Ian

Re: log_reject_target [ In reply to ]
On 20/04/2023 16:21, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> I was not sure I was interpreting the expression "current ACL" correctly.
> Things like warn and deny are what, ACL rules?

Verbs. See
https://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-access_control_lists.html
section 18.

For hunting about for info like this, use the Concept Index.
Jeremy