Mailing List Archive

Feature Request: Teergrubing
Hello developers!

I have a feature request on Teergrubing.
Currently any mail which is teergrubed is temporarly rejected. Why? (Correct
me if I'm wrong)
Does this really make that much sence to get the spam mails again and again?

I want to do the following:
1. Teergrube if score is >=4
2. after teergrubing: do a dev/null, permanent reject or temporary reject
based on Sadevnull, Sapermreject, SAtempreject

Why I want to do this:
I want to minimize Spam with lower Scores ... Some spammers give up on
teergrubing. But I want to get the mail if it should not be temp rejected by
another rule.

Example:
-----------------------------------
SAteergrube: ${if and { {!eq {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq
{$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.2}} } {3}{1048576}}
#SAdevnull: 20.0
SApermreject: 7.0
SAtempreject: 5.0

Assume a Mail is arriving with a score of 3.5:
1. Teergrube it - some spammers may give up. Less spams
If the session is still active after teergrubing:
2. Accept the mail, because we shouldn't reject or drop it in any way
(Satempreject>=5.0).

Maybe there should be another feature to set a max level for teergrubing, so
that I could teergrube only lower spam levels (in the example: teergrube
between 3 and 7 (new variable), but do not teergrube the perm rejects).

Hope you'll find this useful.
Any comments?

--
Florian Lagg
-

Re: Feature Request: Teergrubing [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Florian Lagg wrote:

> I have a feature request on Teergrubing.

You appear to be using SA-exim which we do not maintain.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot@dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
TYNE DOGGER FISHER: EASTERLY OR NORTHEASTERLY 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8.

Re: Feature Request: Teergrubing [ In reply to ]
> You appear to be using SA-exim which we do not maintain.
Oh, excuse me. I thought this is a subproject.
I'll ask google for the correct list.

Thanks.