Mailing List Archive

Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
On 24/04/2008, Sergey Skvortsov <skv@protey.ru> wrote:
> On 23.04.2008 1:34, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> >
> > in front of our exim setup we have a antispam solution, which works as a
> > realtime proxy (messages are only accepted in the original smtp session,
> > if the exim setup behind accepts it). However, as the original sender ip
> > is not available any longer for exim, it cannot do several checks like
> > RBLs or black/grey/whitelisting. The antispam solution supports the
> > XCLIENT extension (see http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html), but
> > does exim support it? I couldn't find something in the index of exims
> > documentation. Or does another solution exist to pass the original
> > sender ip address?
>

> There is a patch from Vsevolod Stakhov:
>
> http://cebka.pp.ru/blog/2007/12/xclient-exim.html
>
> Direct link:
>
> http://cebka.pp.ru/blog/patch-exim-xclient

Cool.

I'm a little worried about the logic involved in setting
sender_host_name and sender_host_address independently the way this
patch seems to do - this looks in danger of breaking assumptions that
sender_host_name is only set from a reverse lookup of
sender_host_address. I guess its OK as long as you trust the client to
do the same if it specifies both in the XCLIENT command.

Thoughts, anyone?
(perhaps we should be on exim-dev - cc:ing there)

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@bowyer.org