Mailing List Archive

Re: [exim-cvs] cvs commit: exim/exim-doc/doc-src spec.src
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Tom Kistner wrote:

> Modified files:
> exim-doc/doc-src spec.src
> Log:
> add documentation for expanded spamd_servers option - also removed some trailing whitespace

Hello Tom (and Nigel),

Bad news, I'm afraid.

I fear you have edited the old Exim document source. Note the date:

> -. $Cambridge: exim/exim-doc/doc-src/spec.src,v 1.8 2005/02/17 11:58:25 ph10 Exp $
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^

That format was superseded when I moved to the version that uses DocBook
XML. The base source file (from which the DocBook XML is generated) is
called spec.xfpt and it's in a doc-docbook subdirectory. See

http://www.exim.org/viewvc/exim/exim-doc/doc-docbook/

There's a file called HowItWorks.txt that explains how the various
output formats are created from the base source.

Nigel: I guess you might want to clean out the old, non-DocBook source
files, or hide them away somewhere, to avoid this unfortunate mistake
happening again.

Regards,
Philip

--