So I tried using it, and here's what shows up in the SMTP transaction:

550-Please%see%http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=lists%40seattleserver.com&ip=64.81.164.204&receiver=patos
550 : Reason: mechanism

#1. Why are there %'s where the first two spaces should be?

#2. No idea what "Reason: mechanism" means...

#3. 'patos' is indeed the real hostname of the box, but this is only one node
in an active-standby cluster, and better would be to use the value of
smtp_active_hostname here, as I set that to the cluster hostname, use it in
the smtp_banner, and received_header_text. It also seems that this should be
a FQDN...

#4. In making my own custom message providing this URL, I realized that there
is no quote_url, but I think quote_ldap is adequate (if an imperfect fit) for
this. Could a quote_url be added? I found a couple previous requests for
this:
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020603/msg00122.html
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020520/msg00193.html

Also, quote_ldap doesn't work for me:

> failed to expand ACL string [...]: lookup type "ldap" is not available (not
> in the binary - check buildtime LOOKUP configuration)

...and I'm not willing to compile openldap and it's dependendencies just for
URL quoting...further adding to the argument for quote_url. :)

FYI, here's what I came up with:

Please see http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=${sg{${sender_address}}{@}
{%40}}&ip=${sender_host_address}&receiver=${smtp_active_hostname}

Result:

550-Please see
http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=lists%40seattleserver.com&ip=64.81.164.204&receiver=a.mx.seattleserver.com