Mailing List Archive

Exim SMTP authentication
Hi everyone,

I. Issue:

What are the specific authentication mechanisms supported by Firebase
Authenticator, such as whether it uses a standard SMTP authentication
mechanism like PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5, or if it requires a custom
authentication to transport email messages from my Exim mail server to
Google Firebase Authenticator?

II. Workaround:

URL link to the Exim SMTP authentication:
https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-smtp_authentication.html

III. Results

The Firebase authenticators <YOUR_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_EMAIL> :
<PATH_TO_KEY_FILE_WITH_JSON_EXT> are not applicable for sending outbound
email messages from Exim mail server.

Email messages are not delivered to designated email addresses. There are
no send error messages.

IV. Resolution
Send outbound email messages from Exim mail server to the Firebase
authenticator.

Thanks,
Hal

Hal

Re: Exim SMTP authentication [ In reply to ]
On 09/07/2023 04:50, Ltc Hotspot via Exim-dev wrote:
> What are the specific authentication mechanisms supported by Firebase
> Authenticator, such as whether it uses a standard SMTP authentication
> mechanism like PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5, or if it requires a custom
> authentication to transport email messages from my Exim mail server to
> Google Firebase Authenticator?

You're asking the wrong people. If it belongs to Google, ask Google.
Jeremy

Re: Exim SMTP authentication [ In reply to ]
On 2023-07-09 Ltc Hotspot via Exim-dev <exim-dev@lists.exim.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> I. Issue:

> What are the specific authentication mechanisms supported by Firebase
> Authenticator, such as whether it uses a standard SMTP authentication
> mechanism like PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5, or if it requires a custom
> authentication to transport email messages from my Exim mail server to
> Google Firebase Authenticator?
[...]

If "Firebase Authenticator" is a SMTP server software your question
should be directed at its support channels instead of here. OTOH if
"Firebase Authenticator" is not a SMTP server software then your question
does not make sense.

cu Andreas

Re: Exim SMTP authentication [ In reply to ]
Andreas,
I'll follow through with Firebase Tech Support.
Thanks,
Hal

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 4:21?AM Andreas Metzler via Exim-dev <
exim-dev@lists.exim.org> wrote:

> On 2023-07-09 Ltc Hotspot via Exim-dev <exim-dev@lists.exim.org> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
>
> > I. Issue:
>
> > What are the specific authentication mechanisms supported by Firebase
> > Authenticator, such as whether it uses a standard SMTP authentication
> > mechanism like PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5, or if it requires a custom
> > authentication to transport email messages from my Exim mail server to
> > Google Firebase Authenticator?
> [...]
>
> If "Firebase Authenticator" is a SMTP server software your question
> should be directed at its support channels instead of here. OTOH if
> "Firebase Authenticator" is not a SMTP server software then your question
> does not make sense.
>
> cu Andreas

Hal