Mailing List Archive

Exim/email-related stream at UKUUG conference, Birmingham, 7/8/9-August-2009
Here's a summary of the e-mail topics being covered at the UKUUG
conference in Birmingham next month:

* Making Exim talk to an LDAP directory server.
Jan-Piet Mens
* Converting 16,000 user mailboxes from MBOX to Maildir++.
Ian Norton & Paul Tipper:
* Bayesian statistics and e-mail filtering.
Yann Golanski
* Winning the war on spam.
Ian Eiloart
and perhaps one or two others awaiting confirmation.

The keynote talk is:

Why security engineering will just keep on getting harder
Ross Anderson, University of Cambridge

The full programme is at:
http://summer2009.ukuug.org.uk/Talks
and the five tutorials (Drupal, Arduino, LaTeX, GIMP, VoIP) at:
http://summer2009.ukuug.org.uk/Tutorials

To attend, register at:
http://summer2009.ukuug.org.uk/Registering

Re: Exim/email-related stream at UKUUG conference, Birmingham, 7/8/9-August-2009 [ In reply to ]
On Jul 13, 8:55pm, Alain Williams wrote:
> Should there be a BOF/open session on exim maintainance -- which
> is decidedly down since Phil retired ?

We can certainly arrange that if there is a demand. We've booked extra
rooms for BOFs and project-specific meetings, but we do need to know in
advance roughly how many people are interested, so we can schedule the
room, or include this as a talk in the regular streams.

If you are interested, e-mail to exim-ukuug at uit dot co dot uk

Niall Mansfield
(UKUUG conf. joint organizer)