Mailing List Archive

Re: [MailServer Notification]Content Filtering Notification
no longer be maintained, I'm not sure what sort of useful answer we can
give other than to either ignore the messages, filter them out, or
unsubscribe from the list.

As far as I know, there is no machine in the ethereal.com domain named
"mailserver". There is also no "the rule2" which can be violated.

Re: [MailServer Notification]Content Filtering Notification [ In reply to ]

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 11:39:44AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
> Well, considering that the original message seems to have originated
> from a system we have no control over:

> Microsoft SMTPSVC; Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:28:53 +0530
>
> and then delivered through a mailing list on _another_ server which may
> no longer be maintained, I'm not sure what sort of useful answer we can
> give other than to either ignore the messages, filter them out, or
> unsubscribe from the list.
>
> As far as I know, there is no machine in the ethereal.com domain named
> "mailserver". There is also no "the rule2" which can be violated.
>
> Seymour Dupa wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for a non-answer.
> >
> > --- Joerg Mayer <jmayer@loplof.de> wrote:
> >> Ignore the rule problem and do what the remark above
> >> each message says.

Sigh. It is completely possible that one of the mailman rules drops the
mail. It is also a fact that I don't care and that any time spent on
investigating the problem is *a complete waste of time* (thus the "Sigh"
at the beginning of my answer, which in and by itself feels like a waste
of time).

Let me just give you a picture of what happended:

You have a bank where they have some sort of mailbox where you can deposit
money transaction orders in case you come at non opening hours.
One day you come along and want to put a large envelope in there with
lots and lots of orders. It's so big that it doesn't fit into the
mailbox slot. There's also a sign saying that the bank has moved and
that it isn't doing any further business in this area and it isn't
looking into this specific mailbox any more. That's the moment when you
come into the play and complain that your envelope doesn't fit into the
mailbox slot - not caring that *even if you managed to get the envelope
in there* the bank wouldn't receive that envelope.

So, please send your mail to the new address, and in case that the new
setup still has the problem *then* please report it for the new site and
we will investigate - we have a very good record of caring about that
kind of problems. So, just to return the courtesy to you: Thanks for
reporting a non-problem.

Regards
Joerg

--
Joerg Mayer <jmayer@loplof.de>
Re: [MailServer Notification]Content Filtering Notification [ In reply to ]

I understand more now.

Thank you.

Endings must come
before new beginnings.