--
Best regards,
LON mailto:lon@samaradom.ru

Re: Dissector Bug [ In reply to ]

> Hi,
>
> This is a bug:
>
> **WARNING(recursed)**: Dissector bug, protocol JXTA, in packet 32:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: dissector accessed an invalid memory address
> aborting...
>
> It happens every time I capture sending messages via secure SMTP's
> (port 465). There are no captured packets since Ethereal is aborted
> right after that (... C++ runtime error ...).
>
> Ethereal 0.10.14-SVN-17492 (SVN Rev 17492)
> Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP1

As the header above notes, development of the project under the name
"Ethereal" has ceased, and has continued under the name "Wireshark" at
http://www.wireshark.org. Can you try the latest version of Wireshark
(0.99.3) and see if the problem still exists? If it does, please send a
message to wireshark-dev or open a bug at http://bugs.wireshark.org.
Re: Dissector Bug [ In reply to ]

> Hi,
>
> This is a bug:
>
> **WARNING(recursed)**: Dissector bug, protocol JXTA, in packet 32:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: dissector accessed an invalid memory address
> aborting...
>
> It happens every time I capture sending messages via secure SMTP's
> (port 465). There are no captured packets since Ethereal is aborted
> right after that (... C++ runtime error ...).
>
> Ethereal 0.10.14-SVN-17492 (SVN Rev 17492)
> Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP1

As the note at the top of your message (added automatically by the
software that runs the Ethereal mailing list) notes, Ethereal
development has moved to Wireshark.

The version of Ethereal you're using isn't even the last release of
Ethereal; there have been releases after that, and there have been
Wireshark releases after the last release of Ethereal. You should try
Wireshark 0.99.3, and see whether that crash has been fixed; if not,
report it as a bug in the Wireshark Bugzilla.

See http://www.wireshark.org/ for the Wireshark Web site.