From: Raman Singla
To: Ethereal development
Sent: 2006 Jun 07 5:05 PM
Subject: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal is not recognising any of pluggins (noentry in Enable Protocol)

Hi all,
i wrote an pluggins for decoding of gprs messages & i m able to generate a dll file for that pluggin too. But when i m running ethereal is not recognising this dissector & when i look in Enable Protocol list there is no entry for any of pluggins dissectors.

I feel it is b'cos of Step no. 5 given in readme.pluggins. Here is step 5 .
The bad news is that ethereal will not use the plugin unless the

plugin is installed in one of the places it expects to look.

One way to deal with this problem is to set up a working root for

ethereal, say in $HOME/build/root and build ethereal to install

there

./configure --prefix=${HOME}/build/root;make install

then subsequent rebuilds/installs of your plugin can be accomplished

by going to the plugins/xxx directory and running

make install

Kindly let me know where i need to change/put all these dll's so that ethereal recognise these dissectors.

I m building this on Windows using 0.10.14.

Raman
Ext - 1667