Mailing List Archive

Debian maintainers wanted (was Re: debanizing the drbd)
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:25:39PM +0200, Ard van Breemen wrote:
> But for those of you debian lovers:
> the debian dir....
> Yes, a binary attachment... But it is 2921 bytes big...
> Please, I need the comments...
Allright, it is in cvs now, and it seems to work...
So here is a rough guide to build the whole:

Building the .deb 's:
cvs co ....
cd drbd
dpkg-buildpackage -r fakeroot

This will give you a drbd, drbd-source and a kernel-patch-wup .deb.
dpkg -i all of them

do a cd /usr/src;tar xvfz drbd.tar.gz

Install any kernel-patch you like (like reiserfs :) ).

Get your favorite 2.2 linux kernel. The best is to use 2.2.19 or higher ;)
Now untar it.

Do:
export PATCH_THE_KERNEL=YES
fakeroot make-kpkg --config menu --revision 1.0 --append_to_version blup configure
(configure your kernel)
then:
make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot --append_to_version blup buildpackage

This will give you a patched kernel-image .deb.

Now make the drbd module:

fakeroot make-kpkg --append_to_version blup modules

And now you have your drbd module compiled for the earlier kernel...

Please try it out...

And yes, the Subject: says debian maintainers wanted.
Any debian maintainer want to put the .debs into sid?

Or can somebody put up the .deb's somewhere on a website?
--
<ard@example.com> Telegraaf Elektronische Media http://wwwijzer.nl
http://leerquoten.monster.org/ http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
Re: Debian maintainers wanted (was Re: debanizing the drbd) [ In reply to ]
El Mon, May 21, 2001 at 02:19:45PM +0200, Ard van Breemen escribió:
> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:25:39PM +0200, Ard van Breemen wrote:
> And yes, the Subject: says debian maintainers wanted.
> Any debian maintainer want to put the .debs into sid?

Long ago I was planning to do the drdb packages for debian, but haven't got
the time to do it.

If you want I can sponsor you, but first I have to test the package. I'll
download the CVS now and will give it a try.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@example.com>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F 1BD9 548C 8F15 86EF 6770 052B B8C1 FA69
Re: Debian maintainers wanted (was Re: debanizing the drbd) [ In reply to ]
Ard,

I can't get debian/rules binary to build under potato or sid. Can you pull a list of
build dependencies that you used together?

In particular I'm finding that under potato I faven't got a dh_installman (although I
have a dh_installmanpages) and that under sid nsgmls exits with too many errors, then
I get:

nsgmls:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option
Can't call method "value" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/sgmlspl-specs/docbook2man-spec.pl line 407, <STDIN> line 12.
make: *** [build] Error 29

So I guess you're using a different version of sp perhaps...

John Foster.
http://www.golden-orb.com

PS we can put the debs on our server if you still need a place to put them for
public download.

Re: Debian maintainers wanted (was Re: debanizing the drbd) [ In reply to ]
ard@server8:/var/www/ard/cluster/drbd-cvs/drbd$ dpkg -l sp docbook2man debhelper dh-kpatches kernel-package
||/ Name Version Description
+++-===============-================================-=============================================================
ii sp 1.3.4-1.2.1-18 James Clark's SGML parsing tools
ii docbook2man 0.5.1-6 Perl SGMLS spec file to convert DocBook SGML docs into troff
ii debhelper 3.0.17 helper programs for debian/rules
ii dh-kpatches 0.4-1 (Official version is 0.5) Debhelper script to help packaging kernel patches
ii kernel-package 7.43 Debian Linux kernel package build scripts.

> In particular I'm finding that under potato I faven't got a dh_installman (although I
> have a dh_installmanpages) and that under sid nsgmls exits with too many errors, then
dh_installmanpages is obsoleted according to dh_installman(1):
NOTES
An older version of this program, dh_installmanpages(1),
is still used by some packages, and so is still included
in debhelper. It is, however, deprecated, due to its
counterintuitive and inconsistent interface. Use this pro­
gram instead.

> I get:
>

> nsgmls:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option
> Can't call method "value" on an undefined value at
> /usr/lib/perl5/sgmlspl-specs/docbook2man-spec.pl line 407, <STDIN> line 12.
> make: *** [build] Error 29
>
> So I guess you're using a different version of sp perhaps...
Hmmm, I don't know about sp or sgml. I followed the hints of Phillip,
which worked.
You can for now exclude the lines:
cd documentation && nsgmls drbdsetup.sgml | sgmlspl /usr/lib/perl5/sgmlspl-specs/docbook2man-spec.pl
cd documentation && nsgmls drbd.conf.sgml | sgmlspl /usr/lib/perl5/sgmlspl-specs/docbook2man-spec.pl
and change the line:
dh_installman -pdrbd documentation/drbd.conf.5 documentation/drbdsetup.8
into
dh_installman -pdrbd