Until now just few problems...thanks to all!!!

--

Professional Linux Services WLINUX - WNET
Re: 3xRAID solution!!! [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Gabriele Paciucci wrote:

> I have tried for our costumer this strange solution:
>
> One machine with a raid1 hardware (Compaq DL370 SMART2ARRAY)
> One machine with a raid1 software with raidtool 0.9 on a 2.2.17 kernel
> A partition between these machines with a raid 1 network over drdb+heartbeat,
> the primary partition is a raid-hardware partition, the slave partition is a
> raid-software partition.

raid1 code (both stock and 0.90) is broken with 2.2.17.

It is the same deadlock found on drbd code.

A raid1 0.90 patch against 2.2.18pre16 (should apply against pre21) which
already has the fix to this problem can be found at
http://bazar.conectiva.com.br/~marcelo/patches/v2.2/2.2.18pre16/raid-2.2.18pre16-mt2.patch

Also I recommend you to use 2.2.18pre21 kernel, which does not have some
bugs in the TCP code that can affect drbd.
Re: 3xRAID solution!!! [ In reply to ]
Il Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Marcelo Tosatti ha scritto:
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Gabriele Paciucci wrote:
>
> > I have tried for our costumer this strange solution:
> >
> > One machine with a raid1 hardware (Compaq DL370 SMART2ARRAY)
> > One machine with a raid1 software with raidtool 0.9 on a 2.2.17 kernel
> > A partition between these machines with a raid 1 network over drdb+heartbeat,
> > the primary partition is a raid-hardware partition, the slave partition is a
> > raid-software partition.
>
> raid1 code (both stock and 0.90) is broken with 2.2.17.
>
> It is the same deadlock found on drbd code.

OK

> A raid1 0.90 patch against 2.2.18pre16 (should apply against pre21) which
> already has the fix to this problem can be found at
> http://bazar.conectiva.com.br/~marcelo/patches/v2.2/2.2.18pre16/raid-2.2.18pre16-mt2.patch
>
> Also I recommend you to use 2.2.18pre21 kernel, which does not have some
> bugs in the TCP code that can affect drbd.

ooopppsss!!! I've patched the 2.2.17 with raid.0.9 from mingo rh + YOUR'S
deadlock patch + other minus. Plus I've installed the last LILO to support the
raid software boot + glibc 2.1.3 + other minus.

Please could you make some clear in the hard world of patches?

For a stable raid/software/network system what should I patch?

Cook list:

1. 2.2.18pre21
2. patch raid from your's raid-2.2.18pre16-mt2.patch
3. raidtools from kernel.org (witch one?)
4. lilo 2.14
5. glibc 2.1.3
6. heartbeat + drbd
7. drbd patch against deadlock ????

Thanks in advance

--

Professional Linux Services WLINUX - WNET
Re: 3xRAID solution!!! [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Gabriele Paciucci wrote:

> Il Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Marcelo Tosatti ha scritto:
> > On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Gabriele Paciucci wrote:
> >
> > > I have tried for our costumer this strange solution:
> > >
> > > One machine with a raid1 hardware (Compaq DL370 SMART2ARRAY)
> > > One machine with a raid1 software with raidtool 0.9 on a 2.2.17 kernel
> > > A partition between these machines with a raid 1 network over drdb+heartbeat,
> > > the primary partition is a raid-hardware partition, the slave partition is a
> > > raid-software partition.
> >
> > raid1 code (both stock and 0.90) is broken with 2.2.17.
> >
> > It is the same deadlock found on drbd code.
>
> OK
>

> > A raid1 0.90 patch against 2.2.18pre16 (should apply against pre21) which
> > already has the fix to this problem can be found at
> > http://bazar.conectiva.com.br/~marcelo/patches/v2.2/2.2.18pre16/raid-2.2.18pre16-mt2.patch
> >
> > Also I recommend you to use 2.2.18pre21 kernel, which does not have some
> > bugs in the TCP code that can affect drbd.
>
> ooopppsss!!! I've patched the 2.2.17 with raid.0.9 from mingo rh + YOUR'S
> deadlock patch + other minus. Plus I've installed the last LILO to support the
> raid software boot + glibc 2.1.3 + other minus.
>
> Please could you make some clear in the hard world of patches?
>
> For a stable raid/software/network system what should I patch?
>
> Cook list:
>
> 1. 2.2.18pre21
> 2. patch raid from your's raid-2.2.18pre16-mt2.patch
> 3. raidtools from kernel.org (witch one?)

You can use raidtools 0.90 package from the major distributions

http://bazar.conectiva.com.br/~marcelo/ha/patches/kernel-2.2.17-drbd-deadlock.patch