-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@example.com
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba
Re: Syncing 2GB takes a very long time over 100Mb link [ In reply to ]
At 05:03 PM 9/26/00 +0900, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I set up a two node setup via a 100Mb link, and then copied some data to
>the partition. About 2GB it was.
>
>Then I took it down and reestablished it, and did a 'drdbsetup /dev/nb0 Repl'
>
>It has been going for a very long time now ...

As a postscript on this, I killed the REPL, and started from scratch. The
REPL had been going for over 8 hours, while a copy of all 2.5 GB to a newly
created file system on /dev/nb0 took 1H19M ...

Regards
-------
AW: Syncing 2GB takes a very long time over 100Mb link [ In reply to ]
Hi Richard,

> As a postscript on this, I killed the REPL, and started from scratch. The
> REPL had been going for over 8 hours, while a copy of all 2.5 GB
> to a newly
> created file system on /dev/nb0 took 1H19M ...

1) what version of drbd are you running? replication speed was limited to
ca. 400k/sec in versions < 0.5.7.

2) what replication speed did you put in your config file?

OPTIONS="-r 2000 -p -d 497983"

sets the requested speed to 2 Mbit/sec for my setup; if you dont specify -r
the default value is quite low.

If you want to know how fast your replication is going: do

date; cat /proc/drbd

about one minute apart, check the number of (4k) blocks transfered over the
network, calculate kB/sec from that.

Bye, Martin

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"
Martin Bene vox: +43-316-813824
simon media fax: +43-316-813824-6
Andreas-Hofer-Platz 9 e-mail: mb@example.com
8010 Graz, Austria
finger mb@example.com for PGP public key
Re: Syncing 2GB takes a very long time over 100Mb link [ In reply to ]
It will take a while (count 1 1/2 hour) I guess ..
For more information
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/3756/2000/6/0/3852135/

--
Thomas Mangin (mailto:thomas.mangin@example.com)