Mailing List Archive

No performance benefit from enabling csums-alg
We are testing to see if enabling csums-alg would reduce resync times when we have to clear metadata or invalidate a node

I have a Primary (P) and two secondaries (S1, S2)

S2 is disabled (off) to simplify interactions.

When do any of the following I see no appreciable difference in the time between Connecting state and Consistent between
systems with `csums-alg md5? ` and one without that setting. [1]

* invalidate S1 on S1
* down drbd on S1 , clear metadata on S1, start drbd on S1
* disconnect network, create 1G file of 0s on P, reconnect network
* disconnect network, create 1G file of random on P, reconnect network

This is on version 9.2.4 of the driver

Just trying to understand this feature better,.

Thanks,
Tim

[1]
// with
net {
after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
verify-alg md5;
csums-alg md5;
}
// without
net {
after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
verify-alg md5;
}

note -verify works so I assume the md5 ability is in the kernel