Mailing List Archive

Any experiences with SMP 2.4.10 Mosix
Hi All

Has any body got any experiences with drbd 6.1(-pre7)
or other versions on a SMP system running 2.4.10 kernel with Mosix also installed.
(Havent tried without Mosix yet!)

Mine are not good, I have 2 systems as mosix fronts running
on Asus CUV4X-D PIII 866 512MB with Mandrake 8.1.

Everything compiles and loads fine.

I configured many combinations but all fails,

drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/hdd11 OK on both systems!
drbdsetup /dev/nb0 net XX.XX.XX.XX:YYYY XX.XX.XX.XX:YYYY [A-C] on the primary OK!
drbdsetup /dev/nb0 net XX.XX.XX.XX:YYYY XX.XX.XX.XX:YYYY [A-C] on secondary fails

creates a kernel panic from kswapd after about 600-1000 packets when looking at /proc/drbd
on the primary. The priimary seams ok after the failure. Switching primry secondary gives the
same scenario.
kswapd complains about a given NULL pointer.

My guess is that the drbd sync thread tries to free something but it is never allocated.

It states that 2.4.X kernels are supposed to work, any suggestions ????

/Terje