Mailing List Archive

0.6pre7 on 2.2.20
Hi,

I was unable to compile drbd version 0.6.1-pre7
on linux 2.2.20. The problem is with

NR_REQUESTS define in drbd_receiver.c on line 629
there is

-cut-
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,0)
#define NUMBER (NR_REQUESTS/4)
#else
#define NUMBER 24
#endif
-end-

but NR_REQUESTS are not defined in 2.2 kernel, I
hope it was in 2.3?

So I simply rewrite this define, and now it
is compile well. But my question is, whether
there can be other issues with using 2.2 kernel.

Thanks.

--
David Hajek
hajek@example.com GSM: +420 604 352968
Re: 0.6pre7 on 2.2.20 [ In reply to ]
Well, I would suggest to update at least 0.5.8.1, I see
following in Changelog. Now I am able to compile 0.6.x
on 2.2.20, but has problems with insmod now. ;-)

/lib/modules/2.2.20/block/drbd.o: unresolved symbol wake_up_process

I try to resolve....but any ideas? ;-)

0.5.8.1
-------
*) A serious bug pointed out by Guzovsky, Eduard <EGuzovsky@example.com>
fixed. All the credits should go to him.
Since the "epoch_log" uses the same memory as the transfer_log and
it's elements are bigger than the elements of the
transfer_log.
Memory corruption is a likely result of this.

- btw: I would like to run 2.2.20 with nrbd on top of ext3? Reiserfs
has problems with samba/nfs. Some success stories with ext3? ;-)

Best,
David